If you are looking for a heavy-duty truck that will tow everything you need and look good, then the 2022 Ram 2500 is that truck.
This is a work truck with a brain. Choose from six models to match the way you work and play.
Pricing starts at $40,865 MSRP for the basic Trademan’s 4×2 model to around $89,351 MSRP for the 4×4 Mega Cab Limited fully loaded model with a 6’4” box.
11/18/15 Combined MPG
Pros & Cons
Let’s take a look at the main pros and cons regarding the 2022 Ram 2500:
- Choose either the standard 6.4-liter Hemi 410 HP or opt for the more powerful 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine.
- The Power Wagon Off-Road package is top of its class for ¾ pickup combining ability and comfort seamlessly.
- Exclusive RamBox Cargo Management System drainage, well-lit and secure to hold tools and toys.
- Stylish and comfortable interior, including the rear seats
- Up to 20,000 pounds towing capabilities
- Uconnect infotainment system with 12-inch touchscreen and 4G wifi hotspot availability
- Mopar Accessories packages
The diesel transmission system is outdated and slower charging than most in the segment.
Overall fuel economy and driving range.
Maneuverability in tighter spaces.
A diesel option is not available for the Power Wagon.
With the choice of a Hemi gas or Cummins diesel engine, the hauling capabilities of the Ram 2500 are best-in-class. Go off-roading with the outstanding Power Wagon built for the most rugged terrain. Get more done with the Ram Heavy Duty pickup truck.
Interior & Comfort
Offering rugged luxury, legroom for tall men will not be a problem in the Ram 2500 series. Across the entire model range, the front row has 40.9 inches of space. The crew cab editions have 40.2 inches in the second row, while the Mega Cab legroom space is 43.1 inches. The seats and interior are stylish, and the surfaces are durable.
The Ram 2500 Heavy Duty pickup truck has available Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking that will apply the brakes if you don’t. The available Adaptive Forward Lighting turns the headlights into corners. Rain-sensing wipers can turn themselves on. Parking and backing out are easier with the ParkSense Front and Rear Park Assist System, which uses ultrasonic sensors.
Towing assistance technology helps you to confidently transport equipment and toys.
Technology & Infotainment
The 12-inch touchscreen command center with 4G wifi hotspot connects you to the best apps out there. The Uconnect infotainment systems support Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM satellite radio, and more to the display. Available navigation and available SiriusXM Traffic Plus and SiriusXM Travel Link give you turn-by-turn directions and keep you out of traffic jams. Turn your phone into a remote control and vehicle locator for your Ram 2500 using the available SiriusXM Guardian Connect services.
- Motortrend rates Ram 2500 series as best-in-class.
- Car and Drivers Editor’s Choice Award.
- Mopar Insiders’ Most Capable Off-Road Truck on the market.
- The first truck-only brand to rank #1 JD Powers Overall Initial Quality.
Check out these articles for more popular vehicle reviews:
- Aston Martin DBS 2022
- BMW 328i 2008
- Cadillac Escalade 2022
- Camaro ZL1 2022
- Chevrolet Silverado 2022
- Chevy Blazer 2022
- Chevy Camaro 2022
- Corvette Z06 2023
- Dodge Journey 2018
- Dodge Ram 1500 2022
- Ford Explorer 2022
- Ford Lightning 2022
- Ford Mustang Mach-E Select 2021
- GMC Sierra Denali 2022
- Honda Civic EX 2022
- Honda Civic Sedan 2022
- Honda Civic Sport 2022
- Honda Odyssey 2023
- Honda Pilot 2023
- Hyundai Palisade 2022
- Infiniti Q50 2018
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022
- Kia Niro 2021
- Lotus Evora GT 2021
- Mclaren 570S 2021
- Nissan Maxima 2021
- Nissan Z 2023
- Range Rover 2023
- Toyota 4Runner 2022
- Toyota Camry 2022
- Toyota Camry 2023
- Toyota Sequoia 2022
- Toyota Sequoia 2023
- Toyota Tacoma 2023
- Toyota Tundra 2022
- Toyota Venza 2022