Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Dragster Sold
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Well, I finally found a buyer for my dragster. It sold yesterday "turn key" including the trailer to haul it with at Eastside Speedway after running 4.99 @ 140+ on a cold green race track, ie, first test and tune of the season. I'll deliver it to the guy this coming week after I get all my "stuff" out of the trailer.

Sad to see it go because that was my last one. We've had a ball with it and it taught me much with the data logger showing what we did with the tune up and such but it's time for me to get out of that car while I'm still in one piece.

So, as Donee says now I can concentrate on the Studebaker as it's now "an only child"! ;-)

Looking forward to the next stage of my racing career that's spanned over 50 years to date!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: Dragster Sold
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Car was delivered to it's new owner Tuesday, April 7th. Talked to him yesterday and he's already painted it? O:) Not wasting any time getting it like HE wants it.

The guy that bought it is Kevin Hall and he plans to race it at Colonial Beach Drag Strip @ Colonial Beach, Va.

I wish him luck in his next stage of racing.

PS, I'll bet he has another one within a couple of years only the next one will be a 4 link car with a BBC.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Went to Eastside Speedway with the new owner yesterday. The car has paint on it now for the first time since 2011 and looks decent. I tried to buy it back from him for $1000 over what he paid me but he would have none of it! \:D/

Ennywho, after two aborted passes, on his 3rd attempt he ran 4.95 @ 139.7 with a 1.13 short time. In total he made 7 passes with over half of them in the upper 4.90s and one was over 140mph. This was pretty good considering that the track was cold and hadn't been run on since last week.

Hope he has as much fun with the car as I've had.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics