Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Well, looks like she ran 10th out of only 12 cars still running in the Sprint Unlimited? Well, at least she did actually FINISH for a change.

Today in practice she wrecked...............again! Just tell me again where that 2013 POLL WINNING PERFORMANCE IS AGAIN!

NASCAR IS A COMPLETE JOKE WHEN IT COMES TO THIS TWIT! Kinda makes me wonder who in the NASCAR higher ups might be "hitting" that? O:)

The only person on the track that I dislike more than her is the 48 driver!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like her "no driving" talent has surfaced yet again!! That's two cars wrecked in two days!!! And this team let Ryan Newman go to keep this??????

Danica Patrick isn't blameless for Denny Hamlin incident
By Jordan Bianchi
@Jordan_Bianchi on Feb 20, 2015, 10:00a

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/2/2 ... n-analysis

Quote:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The necessary evil of restrictor-plate racing is that two cars are significantly faster than one. Without someone pushing him or her, a driver will quickly fall behind a group of cars running together. Within laps the lone driver is in danger of being lapped.

It's why drivers talk emphatically about needing a drafting partner in races at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway. It's why the sight of two cars essentially suctioned together -- the rear car with its nose right on the bumper of the car in front -- is a common one.

An inevitable downside is two cars trying to function as a single unit can only work for so long without incident. And when someone mistimes a bump or pushes too hard through a corner, bad things tend to happen. That was what transpired between Danica Patrick and Denny Hamlin in the second of two Budweiser Duels Thursday at Daytona.

Stationed in the upper of three grooves, Patrick was lined up directly in front of Hamlin with three laps remaining. At the time Patrick was running eighth, a position that assured her of qualifying for Sunday's Daytona 500. (Hamlin was already locked in.)

But as they sped off Turn 2 Patrick's car suddenly broke free, sliding down, then up the track and into the wall. At first glance it appeared Hamlin had misjudged and tapped Patrick when she was in a vulnerable position, an all too common occurrence on a speedway where the speeds are high and timing is everything.

Patrick even thought as much, radioing to her team that Hamlin for the second time in as many days had caused an accident that damaged her Chevrolet.

Replays, though, showed Hamlin never made contact with the rear of Patrick's car. He had either taken the air off her spoiler, which caused her to get massively loose, or Patrick simply lost it on her own accord. Not able to maintain control either because of aerodynamics, lack of ability or a combination of both.

Either the accident was simply that, an accident and a direct byproduct of plate racing, or Patrick didn't have the talent to be running in close quarters with the other drivers surrounding her. Patrick words and actions made it clear where the fault lay -- not on her shoulders.

"I am confident other cars get very close and things like that don't happen," Patrick said, after a heated exchange with Hamlin on pit row.

"(I've) done thousands of miles of this speedway racing now and I haven't found that to be a problem. So I just think that he's wrong. I think that he's too close. I think that he's taking the air and getting it off the spoiler, and he's not squared up either. That's also part of the problem."

But the evidence suggests otherwise. Since transitioning to NASCAR, Patrick has struggled with car control, especially when in traffic. A fact Hamlin delicately tried to point out when they debated on pit road.

"No one else is getting close to you," Hamlin said. "But we have to get close to you to get you going forward. To get you going forward, I have to get close to you. I know it got you loose, but I didn't hit you."

As the conversation continued, a flabbergasted Hamlin finally told Patrick he simply would no longer get close her on the track. If one were to read between the lines, that mere suggestion summarizes Hamlin's assessment of Patrick's acumen behind the wheel.

And if this were Hamlin's premise, would he be wrong in thinking Patrick was a lesser talent?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Started 20th and finished 21st? O:) Just another stellar performance?? :-

But hey, at least she did finish this one and I don't remember seeing her wreck anyone else this time??

Maybe SHR could get Ryan Newman back for the 41 car? ;-) Nah, if they screwed him once, then it's likely they'd do it again! Better stay with RCR where he finished 2nd in the points last season!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Here we go again?? What you say? Here's NASCAR making an "exception" for the woman driver again!! So her car fails an inspection and they get a written warning but a guy fails an inspection and there's points taken and a hefty fine!! :-

Quote:
#10 Team Issued a Written Warning For Rules Infraction at Daytona: The #10 team [Danice Patrick, Stewart Haas Racing] that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has been issued a Written Warning for a rules infraction discovered during opening day inspection Feb. 13 at Daytona International Speedway. Written Warnings are outlined in Section 12.5.3.1 in the 2015 NASCAR rule book. This warning is for violation of Sections:
12-1 - Actions detrimental to stock car racing
20.11.2.2.2.1.b - Unapproved left-side driver heat shield; the outer exterior exhaust heat shield panel must follow the horizontal surface plane of the left side floorboard forward section to the bottom edge of the left side toe board.(NASCAR)(2-25-2015)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Atlanta: She qualified 18th but 14 cars didn't make the first round of qualifying, meaning, she would likely be back at least around 30th had those cars made it though inspection in time!

Final practice today she was 30th on the speed chart, :- which is TYPICAL! =D> Outstanding, don't you think? :-

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Finished 16th at Atlanta, BUT, Hamlin, McMurray, Gordon, Stewart, Biffle and Dillon were taken out in a wreck. So what that means is she would have finished 22nd if those guys wouldn't have wrecked which would have been 2 spots lower than she qualified.

And did I mention that, RYAN NEWMAN FINISHED 10th! =;

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

She qualified 21st then wrecked herself and the 24 in practice, forcing him to go to a backup and start in the rear!!

Newman BTW qualified 7th!

Quote:
Pole winner, Gordon, wrecks in Happy Hour at Las Vegas, goes to backup: Polesitter #24-Jeff Gordon couldn't avoid hitting #10-Danica Patrick after she lost control of her car exiting Turn 2 in the closing minute of Happy Hour at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday. "Danica spun out and we hit her," Gordon said. "Oh my (expletive) god," replied crew chief Alan Gustafson. "It shouldn't be too bad, just the right front," Gordon said. "Isn't she smart enough to know when (indiscernible) to watch out," Gustafson added. Gordon scored his 79th pole on Friday for the Kobalt 400. He was 14th on the speed chart after posting a lap of 185.306 mph. He was on stickers tires at the time when Patrick lost control of her car. "The right front fender is pretty bad," spotter Eddie D'Hondt said from above the track. "Gosh, darn it."
"We'll have to get a backup," Gustafson concluded. Gordon wasn't alone. David Ragan also had an issue and slapped the right rear of the #18 M&Ms Toyota. "Got in a little too high in the gray stuff," Ragan radioed to the crew. Ragan will also go to a backup car.(Motorsport)
AND Pole-sitter #24-Jeff Gordon will go to a backup car after it was damaged when #10-Danica Patrick's car spun late in Saturday's final practice session at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Patrick spun and Gordon reported damage to his car. Gordon's spokesperson confirmed on Twitter that Gordon will go to a backup car. Gordon will start at the rear of the field because of the move. Gordon raced his backup car last season at Chicago, Charlotte and Texas. He finished second at Chicagoland and Charlotte during the Chase. He was racing for the lead late at Texas before contact with #2-Brad Keselowski saddled Gordon with a 29th-place finish.
Also, #18-David Ragan, driving for the injured Kyle Busch, hit the Turn 2 wall in the final minutes of the practice session. The Joe Gibbs Racing team rolled out a backup car for Ragan.(NBC Sports)(3-7-2015)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Las Vegas Speedway.................................Wait for it...................................Started 21st, and finished 27, as usual and 3 LAPS DOWN! And mind you this was one of those 1.5 mile tracks that are "suppose" to be her specialty??? Yeah, right!

FYI, Newman in the 31 finished 3rd!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Well now. At Phoenix this week she qualified 23rd but only finished 26th and was next to the last car on the lead lap. :- And I don't think she wrecked anyone but herself this week! \:D/

OH AND NEWMAN IN THE 31 FINISHED 3RD!! \:D/ AGAIN!!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

Fontana, Calif. She finally finished a race ahead of where she qualified. Started 22 and finished 19th.

Meanwhile, Newman in the 31 started 9th and finished 5th! \:D/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Martinsville. Qualified 16th and finished 7th! Well, it's about time!! I guess even a blind squirrel will pick up an acorn once in a while, hey! O:)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Qualified 21st and finished 16th. And I don't recall hearing where she wrecked anyone? So that 7th place finish last week was just a splash in the pan so to speak. I will admit though that 16 is somewhat better than the upper 20 something we're used to seeing her finish. Not what I would expect for a 3rd year driver in the best equipment money can buy though.

And as far as I'm concerned, she's still a slut! \:D/

Oh, and I see her gigolo boyfriend was in front of her this week. Shame they couldn't have wrecked each other!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Lets look at some stats on this "twit" since she first came to the Sprint Cup series in 2012:

Number or races started? 89

Number of polls? ONE, Daytona in 2013, which we all know was a NASCAR "gift" because she hasn't even had a "sniff" of a number 1 since that one! :-

Average starting position? 27th

Average finishing position? 25th

Number of top 5 finishes? ZERO

Number of top 10 finishes? 5 with a best of 7th two weeks ago!

Number of laps lead? 20

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Another top 10? Well, look who was wrecked and finished way deep in the pack! Realistically that was probably a top 15 instead of a top 10!

Long way to Homestead though and a lot of cars to wreck along the way! :-

And a side note, I read on some NASCAR message boards and it never ceases to amaze me how some of these guys let their other head think for them where this twit is concerned. They need to "get a grip" because after all, it's only a small patch of hair and a real driver is/would be more than that! O:)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Richmond, qualified 21st, finished 25th one lap down! Now that's typical! And if Tony Stewart hadn't of wrecked she'd be 26th! \:D/

EDIT: NO, MAKE THAT 2 LAPS DOWN, NOT ONE! =;

This one was more "outstanding" than I thought, and, I see she was involved in a couple of wrecks this week also, which is normal.

And for those of you who claim that others wrecked her, well, it's kinda hard to wreck someone that's out in front of you but it is easy to get wrecked if you're not keeping up. And just to clarify, if you have the best equipment that money can buy and you still can't keep up or run up front, then that means YOU HAVE NO TALENT! \:D/

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog