Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: That 10 Car!
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Stewart Hass Racing at Pocono??

The #39 finished 4th, the 14 finished 9th and that 10 car finished..........Wait for it....... 35th 50 laps down after starting 34th. Man, what a "stellar" performance! :- GOTTA LOVE IT!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Didn't watch the race at Pocono so went looking for details of the wreck the #10 car was in. Sure enough, she horked up again and took 4 others with her on lap 110! Here's the sored details.

Danica Patrick causes wreck while running well at Pocono

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... sprint-cup

Quote:
Just when it looked like Danica Patrick had figured out NASCAR’s big superspeedways, she was involved in another wreck at Pocono Raceway.

Patrick was running 18th and racing Travis Kvapil when she appeared to get loose and drift into Kvapil’s car on Lap 110.

Patrick and Kvapil both spun and crashed, collecting the cars of Jeff Burton and Travis Kvapil.

Patrick said she simply got loose and lost control of her car.

“These cars rely on sideforce so when some is on the outside of you, it always makes you a little looser,” Patrick said. “I didn’t feel like I went in any more hero-like that time ... but we were tight and we had freed it up and it was better, but when they are outside of you, you just get loose.

“I chased it up and it spun around, and unfortunately, it ended the day for us, and it was a good day.”

Burton, who is still racing for a spot in the Chase, was so frustrated after climbing from his car that he slammed his fist onto the roof of his car.

“They just got together in front of me,” Burton said. “I didn’t see them wrecking. By the time I got there, they were wrecking.

“That’s kinda like our year has gone. ... When you are running in the back, that’s what happens.”

Patrick has struggled during her rookie season, falling to 26th in Sprint Cup points and scoring just one top-10 finish. She was running better, however, before the crash.

“For me, I have to say if we are in the top 20, it is a good day for me and that’s what was happening,” she said. “Unfortunately, we won’t come away with that. We were better off today than we had been.”

This wasn’t the first time Patrick and Kvapil have gotten together on the track as she took the blame for a wreck at New Hampshire last month.

Patrick grimaced and nodded her head in agreement when asked if she and Kvapil seemed to be having a lot of contact on the track.

Kvapil was obviously frustrated.

“I’m done just getting run over and wrecked and racing her clean,” Kvapil said. “I don’t know. It’s pretty frustrating. She’s one of the best cars out there.

“We’re a middle-of-the-pack car running in the top 20 and get wrecked again. It is just really frustrating. … When you’re in vulnerable situations, you have to guard yourself and take care of your stuff. She is a rookie and you’ve got to learn that, but that’s a couple of weeks in a row for me.”

Kvapil said he felt he deserved an apology after New Hampshire and never got one. He expects one after Pocono.

“You run through there side-by-side all day long and she just overdrove it, I assume, and got loose,” Kvapil said. “It’s just part of it. … It is just racing but when you overdrive your car, you wreck it and you wreck others.”

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

This is an FYI for ya, ie, 553 ppl have viewed this thread do date so there's some of you out there that have a vested interest in my opinion of the bitch driving that 10 car! Hummm, I think I just said it! =;

I remember Mel told me years ago that if I thought she was "hot", then I needed to see her without makeup and a hair doo! His opinion of her back then basically was that she was a c*** and now I have to fully agree.

NASCAR's desire to conform to the PC (politically correct) group has had a detrimental impact on NASCAR racing in general and it needs to stop now!! Even Humpy Wheeler has stated that the "new' NASCAR sux so what else can I say! Here's a link to that article in the Charlotte, Nc paper where Humpy talks about what we have today in the sport.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/0 ... e-too.html

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

GIVE HER A HAND FOLKS!! TWO WEEKS IN A ROW THAT SHE DIDN'T WRECK HERSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE, AND, FINISHED ON THE LEAD LAP!!

This week she started 28th and finished 23rd while Austin Dillon, who started 27th, finished 14th in his FIRST EVER RACE IN THE #14 CAR!!! :-

Newman started 21st and finished 13th.

Tell me again why she still has a ride in "Cup"?? ](*,)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:06 am 
Site Admin

WOW, she qualified 20th at Bristol?? I also see Newman at 8th and Mark Martin in the #14 at 11th. I got $20 that says she won't finish that race on the lead lap!! More likely it'll be about 3 to 5 laps down at the finish. Lets just hope that she doesn't wreck someone else and hork up their day also!

This race is on ABC tonight starting at 7:45 so I guess I'll get to watch part of it in between the two baseball games I plan to watch also.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

150 laps into the race and she's in 36th place and already 2 laps down! OUTSTANDING! :-

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

EIGHT LAPS DOWN AT THE FINISH! THAT'S 8 LAPS DOWN people!! =D>

I do think she only wrecked herself this week though! [-(

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

ATLANTA. Qualified 21st, finished 21st TWO LAPS DOWN! \:D/

OUTSTANDING!! :-

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Richmond. Qualified 36th, finished 30th FOUR LAPS DOWN!! \:D/

Yup, yet another OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE!! :-

And on another note, I didn't see this one either so I don't know whether she wrecked herself or someone else or not.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Qualified 32nd at the first race at New Hampshire and improved to 21st there today? Must have had that Daytona engine in again, hey! Newman in the #39 won the poll with the #14 at 18th.

In that first race she finished 32nd after wrecking herself and others. My money says that she'll hork up again. ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Surprise, she finished 27th after starting 21st at New Hampshire but get this, she did finish on the lead lap for a change!! O:) Don't know if she wrecked anyone or not as I didn't get to see this one.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Well, well, well, here we are at Dover and she's back to qualifying 30 somethingish! I guess that Daytona engine doesn't do much good if you're on a track that actually takes some driving skill to negotiate!

And look at that SHR #39 car qualified 3rd with "Rocket Man" Newman at the wheel!! OUTSTANDING!!

Seems that Martin is struggling in the #14 though. I guess the crew chief hasn't learned what works for him yet?

But back to that #10 car, I bet she's at least 4 laps down at the finish, IF she makes it that far that is! And with this track being what it is, my money also says that she'll wreck someone else before the day is over.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Started 31st at Dover, finished 29th 6 laps down! That's SIX laps down!

Don't know if she wrecked or not as I couldn't get this one unencrypted on my big satellite dish.

But on a "positive" note, at least she finished better than she qualified, unless you take into account that there were like 6 cars that didn't even finish. :-

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Another stellar qualifying attempt at Kansas. 29th is about par for the course for her. I see Newman is 17th and Martin is 23rd in team cars.

Haven't seen the race results yet so I don't know if she wrecked again or not! Race should be over shortly.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

[img]http:kenrutledge.com/pics/rotf.gif[/img] FINISHED DEAD LAST!! DIDN'T EVEN COMPLETE ONE LAP! :-

I see she was in a wreck with 3 or 4 other cars on the first lap in turn 2 but don't know if she caused it or not. Probably did. [-(

And Stewart let Newman go to RCR?? :-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Ken0069's Blog