Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: 8896-2HP metering blocks
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm 

After reading the threads above about turning my 3 circuit to a 2 circuit, I started collecting parts and tools to do this. On all 3 circuits are you supposed to see the tube protruding behind the primary and secondary main jets? I cannot see any tubes at all....does this mean I have a 2 circuit already or was there some sort of change Holley did at some point?

I bought a pair of QFT 3 EB blocks and wondered where a good baseline would be for my combo. The majority of the info I read was for 4 or 5 hole blocks and only a small glimpse of 3 holers. My McMaster/Carr stuff showed up but I am still waiting on the hole gauges.

416 LS3, 13.6 compression, hyd roller 247/265 @050, Holley Hi-Ram intake, powerglide/brake, 5400 stall, 7400rpm trap

Don

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 pm 

I've seen where the metering blocks were modified, the tubes cut up a little higher in the well. One of them way up, a bad thing. A 3 circuit block looks like this.

2 circuit.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 pm 

Mine look like the top pic, but both have provisions for a power valve....on to the QFT blocks I go....

Further reading says to plug the top and bottom and use a .028 in the center for a get it started type of deal....any objections?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 am 
Site Admin

On the 3 EB QFT blocks, use the top and bottom to start with and just put a blank set screw in the middle one.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems