Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm 

i had a few bad experances with carb companys on a new carb that i ended up having over 1500.00 in it befor it worked correctly, [950] and would like to perform my own conversion, i have done some 4 corner idle ,replaceable air bleads e 85 suff for local freinds/racers all have been a learing curve but been positive. so im looking to convert a 850 to alch for my braket car. lookin for some one to point me in a direction . thanks tony

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

I've got two Rupert built, Ken modified Methanol 750s and that tuneup would probably get you in the ball park. I've got the mapping for them somewhere on my puter so I'll see if I can find that for ya.

What metering blocks are you planning to use?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm 

i have a new set of alch blocks out of a hp 950 . that would be great , what boosters is every body using

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Mine are standard Holley .180 down leg I think but I haven't found that sheet with that carb mapping yet. I'll look again now though.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Keep in mind that these numbers are from a TWO carb setup and they "may" a little bit leaner than they have to be for a single carb although these carbs have been "worked" to increase air flow. This will get you a starting point though and you can "sneak up" on the tuneup as needed. I do think I'd start out with a jet in the upper .170s though just to be safe. The part throttle can be a little lean at first and it won't hurt anything but the WFO jet needs to start out phat then lean it if you can.

.150 SS Needle And Seats

Pump Shooters .039 With Hollow Screws

Pink Pump Cams in #2 position With 30cc Pumps

IJ .0465

IAB .067

MAB .025

Jet Square @ .166 And A Tick Rich Rich On My Engine

NO POWER VALVES

Eholes, 2 @ .028 1st And 3rd Location From Top Down

.190 Down Leg Boosters

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 pm 

thanks ken ,& jmark 1 more question for any one to answer. i was thinking about taking a 750 main body and putting a 850 base plate on it. of corse blending the venture at the bottom. this would make a 850 with more velocity wouldnt it . or holleys 950 as they call it. what do you guys think about that ?????

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems