Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post subject: Newbie here from East Tn
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am 

Hello everyone I am Lee from Tazewell Tennessee and just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks for having me! I think I will be doing a ton of reading before making any post or asking any questions only because I am sure everyone gets tired of repeating themselves over and over again for us new guys that dont want to read older post and catch up! I have 2 hot rods a 1972 Monte Carlo wth a 427" sbc, its a N/A car and the other is a 88 s-10 with a 406 " sbc and will be shooting a small shot on it and want to race the local tracks cheap street class..
I am not carburator inclined at all, kinda carb illeterate so to speek so eventually when the weather does break and I can make it to the trak to make some passes I am sure i will be full of questions...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Hey Lee, welcome again! Yeah, there's a ton of carb stuff here and it will take some time to go through it. Just remember though that if you're like most of us you'll likely have to read over some of it a couple of times before it sinks in. Just hang in there though cuz the stuff isn't exactly rocket science and once you get a handle on the basics, things will be a lot simpler.

So how about posting a couple of pics of those hot rods down in the "Show Your Stuff" section so we can have a look see!! ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am 

welcome to the Village Lee \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm 

I will post some pics soon as I figure out how to make them smaller, I currently use photobucket and their kind of huge and wont load now.. any advice on the photo bucket account?

Ken0069 wrote:
Hey Lee, welcome again! Yeah, there's a ton of carb stuff here and it will take some time to go through it. Just remember though that if you're like most of us you'll likely have to read over some of a couple of times before it sinks in. Just hang in there though cuz the stuff isn't exactly rocket science and once you get a handle on the basics, things will be a lot simpler.

So how about posting a couple of pics of those hot rods down in the "Show Your Stuff" section so we can have a look see!! ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Look here;

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm 

hey Lee you following me? lol....there is some smart guys in here...been here with them since the site opened...they drug me over here with them...lol

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm 

LOL!! I see Avery!!

Avery wrote:
hey Lee you following me? lol....there is some smart guys in here...been here with them since the site opened...they drug me over here with them...lol

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner