Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 am 

I have a miss in my ford f250 super duty 7.3 turbo diesel will also stall and lose power..

code P0478 present ex pressure control valve high input ?

Anyone know where to start with this code?

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:02 pm 

More than likely the EBP sensor or tube to is bad. It is located on the RH side of the engine and I think it's just in front of the cyl. head. It screws into an adapter that is connected to the RH exhaust manifold by a 1/4" diameter steel line. The line is bad about clogging up so check that while you have the sensor off. If it's clogged you should replace it as cleaning it out is ineffective. I have seen a couple of those lines rust through too but that should set a low control pressure code and the P0478 is for high control pressure. I can PDF the diagnostic chart and email it to you if you need it. Just PM me an email address.

If it has a chip in it it's possible that it's setting a false code so remove the chip or program and check it for codes again to make sure you're not chasing your tail. Those diesels are weird about scanning for codes and you have to exit the test mode and cycle the ignition switch before retesting.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm 

Hey Tony!!!!!!!!!! How did you make out with "Sandy" Ant's uncle lives just around the corner from you and his house is totaled!!

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 am 

Gear Head i will PM you my email.. No chip engine is stock.. i have 222,000 on the engine so it is most likely clogged...

Berretta, 6 inches of water in the house 39 inches in the garage, chevelle up to door striker, all other cars were removed before the storm, tranny still in box from TCI completly submerged, have not even opned it yet, tools up to 39 inches high on 3 snap on boxes, put the welder up one block high that went under too.. threw out all my power tools that were under the bench and timing lights and meters..lost the washer dryer and water heater, central air ruined, the foundation to the house has been washed out waiting for the engineers report for the foundation to get estimates for repairs..
it is a mess..

all the boats at the shop were piled up into corners we had to rent a crane for 4 days and pick them all up, some were up the creek and others were in niehbors yards we did not lose any though we recovered all our customers boats..

i will post some pics in another thread..

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm 

Tony, I feel for ya. I've been through that same thing.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 am 

Hi Tony,

Been awhile since I have been on this site, got lost in other sites and pc problems ](*,)

Did you get your truck engine problem figured out? If not, hit this website (www.thedieselshop.com) and I can almost gaurantee you will find your problem and how to fix it, and, where to buy parts. Great guys and tons of info., and If you become a member on this site which is free you can even get discounts on parts from some of the guys on the site \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

This site is great for Ford trucks of all kinds. Good luck and sorry to hear about the flood in your turf and for everyone else on the East coast area, you all got hit badly. #-o

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics