Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Re: Trailer Problem!
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Beretta wrote:
Good luck Ken!!!!!!!! Oh and keep an eye on those trailer tires \:D/ Oh and if you need any tuning tips you have my cell #....... O:) O:) :-$

No tuning tips needed today Barry as we're running that "A" carb that has been known to xerox copy time slips! =;

Got any double OH lights that you can send me? :-k

Webermaniac wrote:
Rooting for you Ken! \:D/

Thanks for that as I need all the inspiration that I can get! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Was a good day!! Truck, trailer and race car all came home in one piece and can be used again yet another day. \:D/

Third round "duck" as the short times were ALL OVER THE PLACE and I couldn't figure out where to dial it? Oh, and first round had a .0005 reaction time?? O:) Even a BLIND Squirrel will pick up an acorn once in a while, hey! ;-) It was all down hill from there! :-

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 pm 

.0005 \:D/
For us bottom bulb guys that's a red lite that i
somehow got away O:) with

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

wrightway wrote:
.0005 \:D/
For us bottom bulb guys that's a red lite that i
somehow got away O:) with

FYI, For us "top bulb" guys, that's also a red light that I got away with. ;-) Looks really freaking good on that time slip though, especially for an old fart that will be 67 in a couple of weeks!

So now that I'm back down to planet earth, :- I added .010 to the box next round and when the short times went from 1.15 to 1.17 that .0095 RT I was looking for wasn't anywhere near that! Won that round though as the other guy, who dialed a 4.63 went .109 on the tree then broke out trying to run me down and I drove it out the back door and won that round running .04 off. But it was all luck.

So how do you dial the NEXT round? Left the 5.01 dial on and proceeded to run another 5.04 in the third for the loss. If I had of dialed it @ 5.04 I would have won that round, BUT, then again, it still had the potential to run another .01 too?? Daymned if you do and daymned if you don't!

Ennywho, I'm comfortable enough in the car now that I'm watching the other guy down track. When you can do that @ 140MPH I guess that means that you and the car are one! =;

But back to the trailer deal, that thing tows completely different with a load in it now. Just wish I would have found that the axles were bent before I horked up to really good Canadian made Goodyear Marathons! [-( [-(

Then there's next week?? :-

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 pm 

.0005 RT awesome!! Now if you can do that 6 out of 6 times you will be unbeatable. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Good to see you out racing again instead of T&T. 3 rounds is good.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm 

Looking good Ken and for your 1st real race in the digger you did good for it not repeating. Was it the track or maybe time for some tires :- ...Nice job on the trailer and hope it works out for you and did your pit bitch go??? You need your incremental time from your 330 to 660 that way if you wach the brakes or get out of it you can finish the run by adding your 330/660 time in...But you may already know that ;-)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 pm 

WR169 wrote:
.0005 RT awesome!! Now if you can do that 6 out of 6 times you will be unbeatable. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Good to see you out racing again instead of T&T. 3 rounds is good.

Yeah, and that's coming from a guy that saw 2 different cars with .0000 lights in a no box race in the same night ;-) ...
...and I'm not gonna say anything else about that until we see a weekly winners post.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

I can't remember the last time that the trailer left the driveway and Pit Bitch wasn't in the co-pilot seat in the tow truck! I will go without him if I have to, but, that doesn't happen very often! And when he can't go, which is usually due to his VP requirements at his job, then "The LOVE of my life" (Faye) will go in his stead! \:D/

For PB, being VP of Student Affairs at a MAJOR University that has over 10k students does have it's perks, and, it's disadvantages! =;

PPL, I'm the luckiest person in the world as I have several ppl in my life that demand NOTHING but give support to anything I want to do!

It don't get any better than that!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:20 pm 

Ken0069 wrote:
Was a good day!! Truck, trailer and race car all came home in one piece and can be used again yet another day. \:D/

That's a great day racing, everything home in one piece.
Congrats. Colin.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Well, here we are over a year later and the straightening job seems to be working as I've put about 1800 miles on that thing since the last post here and the tires aren't showing any abnormal wear patterns.

So YES, you can successfully straighten a torsion axle with a bottle jack and some hight tinsel chain! ;-)

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics