Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Re: shrinker
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:28 pm 

Get well soon, Shrinker.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 pm 

Glad you're doing good!

Thanks webermaniac for keeping us posted and up to date.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:11 am 

Anymore news on Shrinker?

Hope he improving!

Hysteric

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm 

Hello to all. I want to thank all you guys for the kind thoughts its really helped me get through this. I am not at my normal home, I'm at my other house I inherited from my father. There is no internet connection here yet. Im on one of those mobile dongle things on a Mac and I dont know much about that.
I'm feeling well at the moment, I have a unique lymphoma, I suspect its a form of T cell Lymphoma from the tests Ive done myself. I went through a similar thing 5 years ago but this one is different. The focus now is on how to treat it to place it into proper remission. I think that can be done. The docs are working hard on me trying to understand it as the cells etc are new forms that have not been seen before. The cells have the wrong internal structure to the outside structure, its very interesting to them. Trust me to invent a carburetor and other stuff and now invent a cancer too. Oh well there is one advantage to all this, when you have something that's new like this you get the interest and attention of all the top people and I can tell you they are different to the run of the mill doc's etc.Its actually a good thing in the wrong sort of way if you know what I mean. There was an International symposium on Lymphoma in Honolulu last week and my data was presented there so now I'm waiting on the coordination of all the opinions and tests to figure out what to do about me. But it will be all good in the end. I think I'll buy everyone a packet of Panadol ha ha
I'm very active in the process of whats wrong with me, I understand whats going on with cells and molecules etc and I have active input. I did this 5 years ago, it took up all my time to learn heaps but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. I suspect it will the same this time. I'm confident.
Im not going to have time to do any carby work or pursue other things so all that is on the back burner. I also wont have much time to get on the forum like I used to.
There is no way I will have enough time to catch up on threads etc, and this computer hasn't got my emails on it. We will get a normal internet connection here one day and then I will be back to normal again I hope.
Thanks again for all the wishes, I can honestly tell you it helped me get through the tough stuff in hospital. I enjoy immensely talking about racing problems and its things like that that that keep a person determined and in the right frame of mind to recover and continue to help others.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Shrinker thanks for the update and yes, we are concerned about you and wish you well!! Hang in there and keep fighting like I know you will and drop in when you can and give us an update.

Ken

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm 

Thanks for thinking of us, and taking the time to update.

Just primer

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm 

Good to here from you and keep focused and stay strong!!!!!!!!!

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm 

Do what you gotta do to get well, the best thing you can do is keep a positive attitude and stay informed, which you always seem to do!

Good to hear from you, thanks for checking in with us!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:07 am 

Good to hear from you shrinker. Stay positive and keep learning all of the stuff they are discussing. That's the way I'd want it too.

Get well and stop in when you can.

Rick

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:12 am 

Glad to hear from you, and to hear your positive outlook. That plays in your favor. And while everyone misses your input your health need to be your focus, as of late I've had a little of that to deal with. In the process don't overlook the importance of eating the right foods. Avoid processed flour and products made with it, go for whole grain or whole wheat products. Avoid sugar, look for other ways to sweeten things. Honey, pure maple syrup, and stevia products are better for you. Avoid anything with processed vegetable oils, unprocessed oils like olive oil are a better choice, even animal fat is better. Use organic products as much as you can when available, no hormones, pesticides, or antibiotics used. Eat lots of fruit. And most importantly get better.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 am 

hi bruce,

you dont know me but i just wanted to wish you all the best with your fight and thank you for all the awesome info youve freely shared over the years.

good luck mate!

phill

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 am 

Get well soon Shrinker I don,t post much due to my own health issues but I love reading you posts
as you like to make people think witch is your gift.
all the best to you & your wife.
drag370
Peter Wilson

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 am 

Any news on Shrinker?

Are you there Brucey baby? =;

Hysteric

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 am 

He was here a few days ago but has not posted anything lately..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Yeah he's been in here a few times recently but it's been mostly kinda low key. I suspect his time and energy are somewhat limited due to his health issues. Let's hope that his treatments are successful and that he'll be here more often in the future!

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics