Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems

Post subject: standard boosters
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm 

OK, I've seen mentioned a few times the straight or standard boosters could be used. Is there an actual disadvantage to using them with E85 or are they a viable option for this fuel? I know the annular atomizes fuel better and if using the straight boosters then the jet should be larger but would there be a huge disadvantage with E85 being of "thicker" viscosity? Or would the single larger hole feed E85 better. Just got to thinking about it and thought I'd post the question. Thanks

Post subject: Re: standard boosters
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm 

I think you are asking about the Standard boosters in a dominator. I personally have not tried them. I go with the 12 hole normally for better atomization of the fuel. Jmark messed around with some boosters that he put 3 large slots in and had some success.

I believe you could make them work with E85 however may not be the most efficient.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 pm 

Yes AJ I was referring to the dominator, sorry I didn't specify. I guess my main question was if with the difference in fuels if the straight boosters would benefit E85 better than gasoline. Thanks!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:30 am 

The booster signal on the annular boosters is better, increased pressure drop there will improve vaporization. I have tried custom booster inserts with slots as well as 12 hole. I think the 12 hole work slightly better. We use less emulsion with E85 than gas, and I think the smaller holes help atomize the fuel better to compensate. The smaller the carburetor used on a given engine will see less need for this, as you create more vacuum under the carb to vaporize fuel better.

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems