Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: o2 logger?
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 am 

In the market for a o2 logger have been looking at innovate lm-2, dl-32 and racepak sportsman.
Anyone have any luck with any of these? also whats shoud I log? o2, driveshaft, rpm?
Have heard that the lm-2 has a few problems. Innovate seems a lot cheaper then racepak is that
because there not as good or are the racepak's overpriced?

Steve...

Post subject: Re: o2 logger?
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 am 
Site Admin

I have an Innovate system with DL-32, SSI4 and two LC-1s. I also have two TC4s but they are not in use on my current car. Innovates O2 capabilities are second to none IMHO and are reasonably priced, but, their systems are finicky about setup and also require more maintenance than my race car.

Racepack seems to have a pretty good reputation and I know a local guy that has one and he is pretty much satisfied with it. Scott Smith here on MSV has one also and is a "former" Innovate owner.

Computech brand seems to have a good reputation also and gearhead1011 and Beretta have those.

If you have limited funds then an Innovate system is better than none. If money is no object then Computech or Racepack would be the way to go.

gearhead1011 is a dealer for Computech and you can contact him here on MSV via PM.

Racepack and Innovate stuff are sold by Greg Kelly of Motorsports Innovations and he's a good guy to deal with also.

Both gearhead and Greg will give you excellent tech support as well.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: o2 logger?
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 am 

i just finished installing a innovate dl-32,tc-4,and one lc-1. I am monitoring driveshaft,vac,acceleration,rpm,o2 and 4 egt's and i have plans to add more,installation was straightforward and the system started and worked correctly right out of the box,i would recommend it,and as ken said i would recommend greg kelley at motorsports innovations he is good to work with and his prices are reasonable also

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics