Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: 2 circuit convert!
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 am 

Well, made another trip to the track, my home track this time. It's 2000 feet higher than the last and I noticed that the car picks up on each time run and even first round when I would think it would be fastest in the morning rather than noon or 1 o'clock leading me to think it's a little on the lean side. Looking at my time slips from my first outing with this carb it was doing the same thing, I was just excited bout the new best I wasn't paying attention to it doing the same thing. It's at a .025 mab and 94 jets P/S right now, could this be lean enough to show up on the time slip with a 11.5:1 roller cammed 406? I'm wondering if the milder engine might not be pulling on the boosters enough and need more jet to compensate, am I out in left field here or is does this sound plausible?
Thanks, Keith

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:49 am 
Site Admin

Keith have you not jetted up incrementally to find out where the MPH drops off? :-k If you haven't done that then it may be lean! Rule of thumb is you jet up until it slows down, then back up to the previous best. Time slips usually don't lie. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:28 am 

No, I haven't yet Ken. I thought it might be a bit rich going up another 2000' but maybe not yet. I'll jet up until it slows next time and see what happens.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems