Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!

Post subject: aussie small block
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:19 am 

hey guys a while back i asked a lot of info ona 417 sbc. This is a bit of footage from during the year with my wife driving it . car now runs 9.58 @141 at 3250lb.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CIlNDnHaQk \:D/ then this one a 9.73 pass on dot radials .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... xKUpOUlQEk

Post subject: Re: aussie small block
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 am 

i should say thanks to Rayje who posts on here also as he has helped me with this with a carb , the engine is a 23 deg 417 ci sbc. shows around 720 on the dyno. =; My wife has done the last year of racing a national series and we were lucky enough to win the series with the points going down to the last race of the year.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Congrats on the season championship. \:D/ It's hard enough to just win a race let alone a season points championship. \:D/

Yeah Rayje is a member here but posts very little. I guess when you have as much carb info as we have here plus guys with a fair amount of experience as well it leaves little to discuss in the realm of every day carb work. That and some vendors don't like to give out free info but hey, that's fine and I do understand why. It's just a good thing that shrinker, Maley, jmarkaudio, nomad, Scott Smith and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment don't think that way. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 am 

What kind of car is that? I like it, that's a really neat looking ride. Well, other than the steering is on the incorrect side. ;-) Runs well too and red is my favorite color.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:25 am 

Nomad ,the car is a Holden Torana ,a gm car. They came with 4.6.8 cylinder engines and were only made for a short while. Great cars i also have another with a 598 in it a bit more pro street .I will post some pics of it soon. [-(

Board index » Racing Forum » Show Off Your Stuff!