Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: 1050 Conversion
 Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm 

I have the 1.000 skirts from BLP. I am putting another together this week with the .980 skirts and going to try that on the car and see if it likes it. Probably base line jetting of 93-103.

jmark what transition slot bleed size are you running?

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 pm 

Unlike a gas Dominator, I am not using one on either carb yet... E85 requires more fuel, so I've been trying to balance the idle jet and bleed. However with the 1050 I think I have too much transition fuel and may need to add them, the carb is already tapped for them. I've had little time to play with it, I may try around .080 to start once I get the mains dialed in. We use .57 to .63 in a gas carb, the 1250 I just pulled apart to convert came with .052 bleeds from Holley. I was a bit surprised, first one I remember seeing from the factory in a Dominator.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 am 

The one I converted here I drilled for the bleeds and put a 105 in it. That was 33% more area than the bleed that was pressed in for gas. I feel like my car is a bit Rich on transition as well and will try an 095 there once I get the idle circuit the way I want it. I really need to break down and get an AFR gauge for my car.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 am 

Well there is just more and more rain here. I got to take a pass on Thursday night with rain over top of us. I think I have the idle circuit taken care of now. Just need some passes to verify jetting.

This weather is killing me. As of right now we are set for 8 days of rain. Not sure if we will make it out on the track this month. ](*,) ](*,) [-(

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 am 

That's good news AJ. What was the tweak with the idle circuit? Was it a smaller transition slot jet as you were speculating?

Empire Dragway hasn't yet been able to run this year due to all this rain. 5 weekends in a row have been rained out. This weather is AWFUL!

Does anyone sell an outboard motor attachment that I can bolt onto my chute mount? At least that way I can go fishing!

Mark

Super Comp 130C

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am 

It was a combination of transition slot and IFR. Took the IFR up to an .044 and was nice and smooth and didnt fall off as badly. Was only dropping 100RPMs. So I then took the TSlot down to an .099 and it idles great. Didnt get to make a pass after these tweeks but want to see if leaning on the Tslot will show a noticeable change on short time. I will report back with findings once we get on the track.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 pm 

Getting closer on my 1050 tune. I added .080 t-slot jets and switched to the 4150 methanol blocks, #3 taper mainwell and .185 exit channel but uses gas jets. It allowed me to drop the jet size to a .144, home drilled on the mill as I found I was missing jet sizes above .140 and below .150, and BLP was closed Saturday. I ran .150's Friday night, O2's looked on the rich side. Saturday I ran the drilled .144's and picked up a.02 and 1 MPH. Then fought a fried alternator and a battery that didn't want to hold enough charge to make more than a couple starts and a pass. Got to 7 cars, voltage was whacky but had some lucky runs. I did see a correlation with battery voltage and how well the car ran, a couple earlier rounds was slow on MPH, then we borrowed a portable generator and took the charger to the staging lanes. Car decided to pick up... even with the 16 volt at 13+ going down track on earlier runs it ran better MPH when it had 15+. Something to consider.... I ran a log on the first pass but had to disconnect everything I could to keep battery draw to a minimum. I'll look later but mine seems to want between .82 and .85 Lambda to run best.

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems