Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm 

I thought I would start the new journal of the elky backhalf from start to finish for yall to see as progress happens. Seems my chassis guy is going to build his own backhalf frame I think from round tube, but here are some preliminary pics of the bed getting cut out, the two back bars out the back window, and the AWESOMELY HUGH TIRES that will go under her when she is ready for them. I have the 12 bolt empty'd out of parts and all the brackets are cut off, so as soon as I get a dimension from my chassis guy, the other guy I am using will cut the axle tubs and tac weld them on enough to secure them until the chassis guy gets the hsg back from me when I can afford the axles and spool, man, that's a lot of typing!!! :-({|= anyway, more will follow and I can't wait to get it back on the ground and let er rip down the strip, any takers on et's???? :-k :-k :-k think hard as this elky has been 9.90 with a small 10.5 tire at 3600 max rpm launch, and it will now leave at 4800 launch rpm's, so, what's your predictions????? let's here it =; \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Now, let me see if I can get these pics on here :-
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

There you go, and yes, the tire is just sitting next to the fender to see how it may look and how much clearance we have to work with, otherwise, I have to cut & stretch the fender, what do you think, will it look doofy without the fenders stretched or not??????? poll question huh =; Enjoy.

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 pm 

John my 55 has a set of 33x16x15 ubder it and fenders was never been stretched on it.. Kenny

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 pm 

looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.s10dragracer.com/

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 am 

Looks good !! I think dont stretch it just get them nice and tucked up in there and it'll look very good. If it spun a lot with the small tire the big one should net some gains but will net a car that is more consistent and go down all tracks well \:D/ =; keep us posted

http://www.nyesautomotive.net
http://www.diamondracecars.com
Fleenor Racing Glides
"get one before one gets you"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am 

Looks good John!!!!!!!!! I like the hammer on the bed =; =; There is always one of them on every back half ;-) ;-)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 pm 

Hey guys,

Man, I am just WAYYYYY tooo busy now a days, sorry guys, but I have been trying to get the 1966 GTO going, and traveling to PA, to Carlisle for the All GM show last weekend, and I had a trailer tire blow on me with NO spare O:) O:) O:) good thing the guy I was traveling with had a spare rim and tire to put on it, so now there goes some of my new profit to pay for a new tire, and I bet these tires on my trailer don't have 3000 miles on them :-k but I think I let it get a little low on air and that will kill it every time, so, this next weekend, after the 4th of July I go to Dayton, Ohio for another show for the Pontiacs and I will do some exibition runs with the 70' GTO Judge I drive now, and set up the 66' on a turntable to show it off as well. I have some pics of my rear end but it's not done yet, it needs the 4 link plates welded on, and then back to my other guy to put the bar back on it to make sure it is still straight and then do the final weld on the tube ends and then paint it. Pics coming after I eat supper tonight. =; =;

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 pm 

9:45 pm ...Hummmm :-k :-k :-k You must eat late up there :-$

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm 

Beretta wrote:
9:45 pm ...Hummmm :-k :-k :-k You must eat late up there :-$

Yeah, yeah, yeah, =; I had to take the garbage out, jam the grass clippings into the compost bags for tomorrow's trash day, chores first [-X

Here is some pics of my 12 bolt axle semi finished and soon to be off the my chassis guy to build the rear tube back half around it, it has Moser 35 spline axles and a Moser spool to match, star flanges and 5/8's studs. Also, some pics of the 66 GTO Bobcat project I have been working on building and taking to shows, man, this is a lot of work putting together a pristine car like this... but I am devoted to perfection and this is coming along well. It is on a turntable to display it so no one can touch it, over $125,000 into it already and take a look at them sweet and straight body panels, and the paint has only been rubbed once just to get it to the show, imagine what it will look like when the final polish is on it with all the chrome trim and all \:D/ the body guy did a great job, and it shows and he IS GOOD!!!! Enjoy guys amd more to come as I make more money, pay people and bills off.

John

Forgot some info, this 66 GTO Bob Cat is the first in a series of Milt Schornack's build's of the Bobcat GTO's he is starting for anyone who wants some history built into there GTO with option packages and this owner is so happy with the body and paint that he almost cry's when he looks at it, this is his dream car and it shows when he is around it.

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 am 

Looks Great John. Hows Linda doing?

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm 

Hey Steve, Linda is finally doing well, and has advanced to the cain and half the time now she leaves it somewhere and forgets where she put it O:) Senior moment maybe? :-# I didn't say that =; and not to deviate from this topic area, but they said they found a blod clot and it wasn't a clot, it was her Baker's sist behind the knee O:) and we just don't know what to do about it all, bad medicine practice is what it was, but I dout if we have any real grounds for any lawsuits or finalcial gain, but we really just don't want this to happen to anyone else, poor service to Linda for sure, but she has finally come around and is darn near fast enough to catch and hit me again now :- and thanks for asking Steve, how's your family doing?
I got a few more pics of the bed area but will have to add them later on sometime, I need sleep.

Hope everyone is having a good season so far, keep on smokin that rubber for me fella's, I'll be out someday soon, maybe the Milan, Mi. NMCA event in Aug, or is it Sept :- ,? aaah, I'll worry about that later.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY GUYS AND GALS AND PLEASE BE SAFE OK????? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:43 am 

Thanks for the update John now get some sleep. Family is doing good. Tell Linda to keep it up until she can pass ya ;-) =;

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 pm 

More pics coming next week, sure hope my chassis guy gets more done by then!!!! ;-) He said it is starting to look bad a$$, and I can't wait to see it again.

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am 

MORE NEW PICS GUYS =; =;

It's coming along ok I guess, I would have, or, I expected more to be done, but the chassis guy only puts a few hours on it 4 nights a week, and he didn't touch it at all last week, he is building a new house, ](*,) Oh'well, but here are the latest and greatest pics of the backhalf, and it looks like I either have to cut the body fenders(leading and following edges for clearence) #-o or go to a smaller tire. I will go to a smaller tire and I have a 15" rim so I have a few sizes to choose from, but looks like the elky won't make it out this month, and unless I get a job in a hurry, it may not go out at all this year, frickin economy ](*,) ](*,) Enjoy the pics.

Oh, and if any of you big tire guys can give me your tire info and how you like them on your chassis, this info would be great as the only tire I see that will fit is a M/T 32 x 16 and I still may have to cut some fender out for them to fit ](*,) man I hate to cut the body too!!!!!! I also want to run a stiff sidewall tire also and I don't see one in the Jeg's book for the Hoosier brand, guess I will have to call my tire guy, or go to there website and check it out there.

How much clearance do you guys have with your big tires also to your leading and trailing fender edges???? how much is safe and will the edge of the tire grow at all at speed or mainly just the middle of the tire??? Thanks for any reply's guys.

John

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm 

Looking good.. =D>

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 pm 

Thankyou Sir, so much involved in doing a backhalf.... :-

sommersracing wrote:
Looking good.. =D>

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction