Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:42 pm 

Hello
I have a lot of time and effort into this car and it has meant a lot for other reasons as well
I am not sure if you know what I started with, but it was not much and it was met with much scepticism(sp?) from day one
I guess a " labour of love" is just that. There are plenty of Naysayers and pessimists, but it was wrong of me to keep that train of thought while I visited this forum
I hope everyone on here knows what I mean by that, but it was my mistake on a bad week
If the rain holds out for tomorrow, I am off to the races. Nitro Fuel Altereds are to be there and if the weather allows, I will take some pics and post them on Sunday
take care
Tom
p.s. my lawyer has advised me not to have a comment on anything to do with cutting torches......LOL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:08 am 

we all know how much time and effort goes into our projects and you will be putting alot more into it. that is what makes our projects individual to each person, every project has a part of someone in it. no two the same. keep up the good work. will be looking for those pics from the races. tony.. \:D/

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject: rain rain rain
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:24 am 

no races today.....remnants of the hurricane weather I guess
I am going back to the IHRA resheduled rained out event from a month or so ago , on Sept 23/24th
I will post pics from that....anyone with an IHRA favorite,they want pics of ? I like Chris the Greek 75 plus and still driving a top fueler.......gotta like that
Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:43 am 

I like T J Zizzo.......maybe because his car # is my birthdate.....lol

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:41 pm 

Hello
I have a couple of problems...... first I found out that since I have partially sanded my car the protective skin that was on the spray bodyfiller is no longer there...(I did not know they was a skin)
Before I can go ahead with any oily work, I have to finish board filing the body and respray it, so oil cannot get into my fiberglass( I cannot put the motor in, even if it was ready)
I also changed my mind on the motor......we went to a roller cam and I now am changing a few other things for durabilty
With all of the auto plants shutting down for extended periods of time, we are now affected, since we are an automotive supplier to the big 3....we do ship to Honda and Toyota, but not as much
They started layoffs yesterday and today. I have enough seniority, but my better half who also works there, may be affected. There won't be overtime for anyone ( toy money)
I doubt things are going to pick up before spring
Therefore, I am stopping all engine work, buying new parts and I am just going to concentrate on using materials that I have....board filing the body and taking my time on assembling the car
It would of been a real stretch for me to get the thing started up by the winter, but I really wanted to try
In a way, I feel relieved of the pressure that I had put on myself
I have tons of work to do anyway.....ie:.wiring is still to be done, which is not something I know much of, but I now will have the time to figure it out and I will probably do a much better job
take care
Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:49 pm 

Sorry to hear that about the no overtime stuff...
I work at a major supplier for Toyota..We machine Brake rotors and drums, steering knuckles and carriers, also do some bearing caps for Nissan and Toyota. We are only about 200-300 employee's right now too O:) I am a Supervisor in Shipping & Recieving..or PC.. :-$

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 pm 

Sorry to hear that Tom, it is getting rough all over. Not to mention the possibilty of layoffs we are on the virge of a strike. Good luck and keep your head up.
Greg

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:36 pm 

Hello
I am a tool and die maker in an automotive stamping and assembly plant ( mainly stamping). Believe it or not, we are the largest jack manufacturer in the world. We mostly ship to the US. One of our sister companies makes parking brakes, door and hood hinges etc. The other is mostly assembly for our parts. The company employs about 250 -300 people right now( where I work)
Hopefully things will get better soon.
It is good to hear from other automotive plant workers
Tom

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction