Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction

Post subject: Car nearly ready.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:54 pm 

Well despite some of the stuff I have had to deal with the car is scheduled to run on the 7th July.

Biggest job left to do is mount a new master cylinder and pedal (front brakes are on) and a small fibre glass repair to the body.
Axle is back together and set up.. Instant centre looks like its 42 inches out and 8 inches above the ground, need to check it properly when everything is fitted.
rear brake kit did not fit, a couple of hours on a mill sorted that lot out.
Front brakes fitted but a bolt fouled on the arm (no supension) so that was modified to fit.
line lock solenoid is on and wired up to a button on the butterfly as is the burnout limiter,
New rear wheels have had the valves and tires soaped took a couple of hours to get them blown up and a nasty blister on my hand.
Engine and new trans are in, pan back off the trans another one arrives tomorrow from a friend who I let have my spare.
new carb is on, crank trigger fitted and wired (left the wire long so I can use either (crank or distributer) if I get a problem.
Will start with the old wheels (new ones need spacers for the studs, maybe get time to make some this week)

I'll be back at the shop at the weekend to finish the brakes and bodywork, hopefully will be able to run it up and do the trans level.

Main fule pipe from the pump to the carb seems to have shrunk it was a good inch short  I gave up trying to figure out whats going on there and just made a new -8 braided pipe.

I need to check out the stall on the new converter (its for the bigger engine) hopefully it will stall about 5200 so I can leave without using a limiter in the MSD.

further updates next week, no PC access at the shop. I've been there since last week.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:58 pm 

PS Duane good job you sent that spacer, it was the one I needed they are two thicknesses.

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction