Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:19 pm 

That tin work looks GREAT!!!!! I love the bow tie on the door panel...

I agree with you guys,,,,,,,,You have to get some paint on there as it will look fantastic with all the work you did and with that tin work and a nice paint job =; =;

I would go with a Dark Marroon.......Like the BerettaImage \:D/ \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 pm 

Cory, Are you going to do the slot in the side window for the door latch??

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:47 pm 

Barry you almost have me sold on that dark maroon, what is the actual color called? i want BIG flake in it as it just makes it stand out more =; i might find something just a tad darker though. i have absolutely no one around here to do body work, and if i pull the vinyl top off i Know it will be a mess under there. i just don't have the patience to do body work. everything is glass on the car other than the roof and quarters, so it shouldn't need a whole lot!

i hadn't thought about shaving the doors, although that would be pretty cool! funny story on those doors i have, i traded a guy strait up for the ones that were on the car. he got the steel ones, and i got his glass ones! and he came up with the idea! =D> =D>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:09 pm 

Dang that looks nice

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:14 pm 

Your Tin man is doing a great job, and making good time on it too. The tunnel alone is a bear of a job, getting it to fit the ajacent pannels. Yours looks great. Are you going to Bling it up and polish it out?

Painters are that way. If they have money in their pocket they tend to steer clear of a job they know the owner will be super picky. You get one or two customers that are unrealistic in the're expectations they get gun shy. When I was painting, I got to the point where I wouldn't do a pre preped car. I went against my grain to paint one that didn't have a chance of looking good, and holding up. When you re straighten pannels and block out all the repairs, even remove primer that was too thick and not getting payed for it. It depresses you. And a depressed painter is a slow painter, unless he has a boss to kick start him. Then you have a pissed painter and he takes a day off to get drunk.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:27 pm 

Really looking good!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:27 pm 

tin work is real nice, i like the bowtie door skin thats a touch of class... \:D/

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:25 pm 

Buffjhsn wrote:
Barry you almost have me sold on that dark maroon, what is the actual color called? i want BIG flake in it as it just makes it stand out more =; i might find something just a tad darker though. i have absolutely no one around here to do body work, and if i pull the vinyl top off i Know it will be a mess under there. i just don't have the patience to do body work. everything is glass on the car other than the roof and quarters, so it shouldn't need a whole lot!

i hadn't thought about shaving the doors, although that would be pretty cool! funny story on those doors i have, i traded a guy strait up for the ones that were on the car. he got the steel ones, and i got his glass ones! and he came up with the idea! =D> =D>

The color is med red poly oem # is WA9077 It's a pontiac color and sure that you can put some BIG flake in there and also make it darker if you have a good paint mixer over there =;

What may steer you away from red is the price.....That gal of paint cost me $546 bucks and that was only the base coat O:)

I don't think you can come across a deal like that with those doors to often......Way to go!!!! \:D/ \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:36 pm 

tonyy358 wrote:
tin work is real nice, i like the bowtie door skin thats a touch of class... \:D/

thanks tony, that was my idea, he whined and cried about doing it, but i think it looks stellar,

Beretta wrote:
That gal of paint cost me $546 bucks and that was only the base coat

yep that would probally steer me away lol, i was hoping to keep the entire paint job under about 1000. i know i'm CHEAP! lol. Dark blue is sounding better all the time =;

Rick360 wrote:
Really looking good!!!
thanks rick, that roadster you got looks nice from what i saw as well and that thing should haul the mail with that small block your building!

intocarss wrote:
Dang that looks nice
why thank you =;

Bubstr wrote:
Are you going to Bling it up and polish it out?

dennis, probably not so much, the gold valve colors and moroso chrome water pump are about as fancy as i'm willing to get. i have been thinking about getting the headers jet-hoted as well, i have never had a pair done before and these are brand new, so now is the time!

not trying to say all painters are the same, it just seems like all the ones around here are [-( just frustrating sometimes when you got to wait on someone else, i'm sure you have been there too!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm 

The Blue with all that BIG flake in it won't be cheep eather...Im thinking your not going to get it all done for a g :-s

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:42 pm 

$546 a gallon, not in my life time...LOL

I try not to spend over $750 on paint, primer supplies etc.

I guess i'm like Cory, CHEAP and an Outlaw.LOL \:D/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:44 pm 

When I found the color I wanted I just ordered it and when I went to pick it up I almost $h!T O:) O:)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:49 pm 

It would not have been almost for me, it would have been clean up on isle 5 [-(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:43 pm 

having my car sprayed localy, red with ss stripes, 3,000.00 painting only as me and the boy are priming and block sanding. the body shop is spraying the sealer primer, base coat and clear. this same shop painted a race boat for us 12 years ago and it was realy nice.

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:19 pm 

Some of them mixing colors are worth their weight in gold. Fact is some are gold. The reds have gone sky high because you can no longer use lead based pigments, so instead of red lead that was one of the cheapest, they painted barns with it, you get red oxide that is one of the most expencive. The up side is the reds are more transperant and brighter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction