Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Haven't updated this thread for a couple of weeks as I've been testing the car and had those "new car gremlins" show up at the most inopportune moment. We've been to Roxboro where the front tires were so out of balance that I couldn't drive it out the back door to Waynesboro at Eastside Speedway where the driver, delay box and the MSD ignition horked up and I only got two half passes before it wouldn't run. Loaded up and came home disappointed!

So today we were at Piedmont Dragway near Greensboro, Nc and believe it or not I got 3 passes on the car with the fastest being the last run running 5.04 @ over 138 MPH with a 1.164 short time. For the most part the car was good to go but I'm sure that the 10 year old tires with tubes along with the engine being on the phat side kinda slowed it from the 4.90 something I want it to run. But to be honest, I'm really happy with the way the car ran today with all the stuff listed that probably slowed it down.

So this is the final post in my "Re_do" thread on this dragster and I'm looking forward to running some 4.90s before season's end and possibly some 4.80s next spring. The only thing better than going fast, is going FASTER! FOFG! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

2013 Update:

Best performance to date has been 4.95 @ 140 on dual methanol 750s and 4.98 @ 140 on a single 1150 Gas Dominator that I did over the winter. Right now we're in the process of doing some more "micro" tuning on my 1150 Methanol Dominator.

To date I've put exactly 100 passes on this car. We've been doing more test and tunes than anything else simply because of the cost difference, ie, test and tune costs $20 and I usually make between 4 and 6 passes. Racing costs $45 minimum for only 3 passes and then a $25 to $35 buy back to get a 4th pass in one outing unless I can win a round or two, which is highly unlikely when you're changing stuff between rounds.

Ennywho the car is for sale as it's aggravating the low back problems I have and I usually hurt for 2 or 3 days after I run it. I've had a couple of bites but no takers to date. If you're interested in the car then contact me at this Email address. Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Racing Forum » Under Construction