Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 am 

Ok everybody, I think I have found an issue yet again and I wouldn't be surprized if this comes out to be true with my backhalf job.

Everybody on here that has a door car, or I guess an Alterd(Dennis) or a Digger (Ken, Jmark, and you Mark in the highlands =; ) where are your front and read brackets at in relation to the ground? Now what I mean by this is, are the holes in your bracket, attached to the rear axle housing for link adjustments, about level with the front frame brackets or are they beolw or above the front brackets?

Another way of asking this is, are the brackets both on the axle hsg. and the frame level at the very bottom of both brackets? Yet another way of asking this is, do your bottom holes on both bracekts (front and rear) line up parellel???

I think I have just found a really big boo boo with my 4 link setup along with my 4 link bars being way too long, and I want to verify this with many of you guys to make sure I am on to something here.

Thanks and sorry but you will have to make a trip to the garage or trailer to look at them, but I may need a completly new backhalf job done if this is what I think it is, unless I can get my chassis sorted out a bit better with what I have now.

Thanks to all who reply.

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm 

Not sure where your going with it but if the rear is hanging it's rear bracket is below the frame bracket and the lower 4 link bar is going up in the front....But sitting on the tires the rear 4 link bracket is above the fame bracket and the lower bar is at 4* pointing down in the front...Now I have long shocks on the rear that I think will make some difference as sitting at ride height there 16 1/2 inches center to center...........Does that help?????????? #-o

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 pm 

Beretta wrote:
Not sure where your going with it but if the rear is hanging it's rear bracket is below the frame bracket and the lower 4 link bar is going up in the front....But sitting on the tires the rear 4 link bracket is above the fame bracket and the lower bar is at 4* pointing down in the front...Now I have long shocks on the rear that I think will make some difference as sitting at ride height there 16 1/2 inches center to center...........Does that help?????????? #-o

Absolutely Barry, boy I love your clean chassis =; =; =D> it Rocks \:D/

I just want to see if the axle brackets on most door cars are even or lower then the front frame brackets. I would have to bring the bars closer to the axle in order to get a down angle on my lower bars, and I am not sure if that would work with my chassis or not. Just doing some digging is all.

Thanks a bunch for the pics Barry. How's your dad doing? hope all is well for everyone. ;-)

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes