Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Re: car leaving right
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 pm 

Ken is right. If you need weight on the contact patch of the right rear, you have several ways to do it. You know preloading bars, You can also preload opposite corner, which is left front here. and there is moving weight around. What I like to do is get weight as close as you can then reach for the preload option. Preload is same as wedge in a circle track car. It creates weight on corner you are adjusting and the cross corner also. You can have preload and still have level ride height. If you put half the preload in the right rear and half in the left front, your car can remain level.

Now why it only does it when you hit the go button harder is explained by horsepower to rear wheels. If they are not pulling even because of weight on contact patch, you may be with in traction limits on less HP, but above limits with more. Especially when working one harder than the other.

While preloads may seem scary, about the only effect you may get is a front corner a little lower on hard braking. This goes on every day in daily drivers. Just because the corner drops, don't mean it steers the car, unless you have bad bump steer.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:30 am 

thanks everyone for the great responses. the car allready has quite a bit left front. i dont have a problem with steering off the gas. ive got the bump steer as good as i can get it which is less than .060 over the entire front end travel. im going to move the weight bars to =; the pass side and preload the car with the left front and r rear afterwords as neaded. thanks for the help. where do i send the money?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 am 

do you think it would be a good idea to cut a 1/4 coil or so on the right front? the car sets a little high in front anyway. thought that might have the same effect as the coil spacers while helping the car set level

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 am 
Site Admin

gnicholson wrote:
do you think it would be a good idea to cut a 1/4 coil or so on the right front? the car sets a little high in front anyway. thought that might have the same effect as the coil spacers while helping the car set level

Only problem doing that is it can't be undone without spending more money to replace the springs. But yeah, that "might" work. :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am 

I may be wrong and won't be the 1st time :-s ..But I would go with a Moroso trick front spring..They are wound a little different and will set the front lower and they will store energy in them for when you launch it will pick the front end up easier to help plant the rear..
Cutting the front spring will make it sit lower but will also make it stiffer...IMO =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:09 pm 

it has the lightest moroso springs in it now. ive cut allmost a full coil off and its still a bit high.ive allready cut enough to change the spring rate so a bit more wouldnt hurt i guess

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes