Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Re: 4 link Question
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 am 

Here is something to think about. Most successful race cars, whether all out speed or consistency, become that way from evolution of your combination. It's a learn and change as we go, process. Even if we build a whole new car, we take the lessons we learned form all the cars before and use them. The real point is, try not to change more than one thing at a time. If you do this the lessons get clearer, and you keep what you have earned. Changing 2 or 3 things at a time muddies up the lessons. The car always asks for what it needs. You are changing one part now. The HP. Yes you may have to change others, such as converter or gear or even weight distribution. You won't know what helped or hurt if you don't do them one at a time.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 am 

Dennis, I know I had to change the converter so that part is done...I want to look at it as if this is all new,,,,car, motor etc...So what I am looking for is what is safe start with...as far as a 4 link setting....

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:01 pm 

I think Dennis is giving you good advice , you are more than likely not going to hurt the wheelie bars and they would come more near slipping the tires if you got way to much torque.

My wheelie deal was more of a under engineered wheelie bar bracket and bad design of the wheelie bars. I did not mind giving you my settings so you could compare , but I would not expect you car to work exactly like mine. That was why I gave you my engine location and height so you could probably compare them and see there is some difference . Even with that I think a big block ford is quite a bit taller than a bbc , and my frame rails are low compared to most chassis cars. Lots of different of weight placement.

I did not change my ic until I got issues, the car started working better when we put more power to it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 pm 

Keep us posted Barry when the new powerplant gets in the chassis. I would start out with what you have now, and adj., as needed once you see what the chassis wants. Good luck buddy \:D/

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:07 pm 

Leave the 4 link as is for now, if you need to calm it down after the first pass lower your launch rpm 4 -500 rpm until you get a few runs in the book, this way you are not going to the track with a totally new setup. Each chassis is different and your 4 link may be just fine. JMHO

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes