Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 pm 

This is a friend of mine's small block beretta . It does twist and he is going to add an anti roll bar in the near future , but the car has been working fine with the twist until recently he put a new set of tires on it. It is shaking the tires terrible .Same brand and compound tires he has been running no other changes. He did move the ic trying to correct the problem no better (spread the top bars some) .

It is a nitrous car has ran some low 4.80 1/8 mile times , need to know anything else let me know.

All comments welcome, I am going to try and get Curt to join the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Bobj1C9tw

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 am 

Did he try some more air in them???
Cool another Beretta =; =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 pm 

That looks like a preload issue or weak spring on the pass. side, I would scale it and go from there

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:07 pm 

We did try more air pressure last weekend . We even tried tightening the compression on the passenger side rear shock .

I kinda think the wheelie bars are just a tad low , but it seems like soon as the nos hits it just twists the chassis and 4 link brackets so far that it changes the ic side to side .

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 am 

Just an observation, but what were the track conditions and how was the prep? The car in the other lane was way over toward the center line. Beside the anti roll bar, maybe the track off the line could not hold the hit?

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am 

The track held a drag radial car to 5.15 et that night and about tore the bumper off of another . He was spotting the dragster so he was probabaly looking back =;

I personally thought the track was fairly good. Its also the second track he has had the problems on and the first I had my car there and went 1.08 60' time .

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 am 

So I guess that leaves the track out of the equation =; . I would get the anti roll bar before anything else at this point.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hummm, Dennis hasn't been in here since Sept 6th?? O:) Maybe you should send him an Email?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 pm 

Thanks Ken I had not noticed that. I don't have his e mail , I wonder if he has this site set up to notify him if he gets a pm ?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

ky mustang wrote:
Thanks Ken I had not noticed that. I don't have his e mail , I wonder if he has this site set up to notify him if he gets a pm ?

?? You should be able to Email him from the board? Find him in the member list and see if you can send him one from there.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm 

Sorry guys. Was either blocked or had a bad router. This place was not accessible for a while.

We can see the torque roll. To do this I has to loose traction on the right rear. any time traction isn't equal, you have the potential for setting up an oscillation. = traction/ no traction/ traction, on and on= tire shake.

With out a anti roll bar, I would look at increasing separation on right rear by a little preload. Other options are increasing weight on left front and right rear by spring ride height adjustment. Still another way is shift weight to right rear and use spring adjuster to get ride height up again. each of these increases weight on right rear. Don't worry about having anti roll bar. It was done with out for 5 decades and when it's right , it's right. not just close enough. You do know that once both front tires are off the ground, Torque roll is not a problem. It has to have something to push off of to have any effect.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 pm 

Just wanted to up date you guys on Curts car. He had a gentleman that lives in his area do some adjusting on the car. He first tried to adjust the springs and could not get what he wanted so he added the preload as Bubster suggested and moved the top bars back to their original position . The car went 1.10 60 and did not lift a tire off the ground and is leaving flat as a pancake with his normal nos tune . No anti roll bar on the car.

Here is a video after he lost out and tried to get him a 4.79 pass but came up a little short 4.82 with a 1.09 60 time. I think he sprayed 300 out of the hole he was happy over all .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPBDaQXFRGQ

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm 

Think he could take a tad of the preload out of the right rear. It's driving the car to the left.not much, just a fine tune thing. He may knock a ,01 off or so. For his weight distribution, he can even step on it a little harder.

You do know, he is still getting a little compression in the rear. A little higher IC could fix that. this might be obtainable by raising rear ride height about an inch or so.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm 

If I may say something, I think the diffs not in square. It steps the rear to the right on the snap and drags the right wheelie bar. The diff is pushing its drive force to the right thats why its going left. If the diff is not central the forward bars will be angled and that means the thrust is offset to the CG. If the diff is not square it will also do what its doing but it will do it after the launch. This car is stepping sideways at the snap and I'd be checking the alignment of the diff with a long straight edge all the way down the car off both wheels and checking they are equal distance apart from the center-line at the front. I'd also do the same checks on the 4 link bars. Something is off alignment in this car.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 pm 

I think the left moving was exaggerate by the track just a little a few cars moved left. That track was just resurfaced and has a very narrow groove. I agree I don't think the car is 100 % but that is the best I have seen it work so far.

You guys got me wondering about my set up too I got a little squat I need to get rid of =;

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes