Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 pm 

DCarr wrote:
Rick .. at 3-5" are you referring to full chassied cars, backhalfed or either ?

The Backhalfed cars I'm familair with the IC is much higher than 3-5... but it could be the HP they are making also, as I doubt the stuff I play with could compete with what your used to.

I guess the 4-links I am most familiar with are fairly quick, so they may be lower than most. I also wasn't thinking about how far out the IC is related to the 3-5", and may be shorter than you were talking about. As the IC moves back, it also needs to get lower to have the same "hit" or "anti-squat" value. If the IC is near mid-wheelbase (55" out), then 8-10" up would be close to 100% anti-squat, which would be close for a 10sec car.

There are too many variables to just use one (IC height), and we should relate that to %anti-squat or % rise (same thing) whichever you want to call it.

I measured my ladder bars to get a feel for where they are relative to a 4-link. They are 32" out and 5.25" up. The C/G on my car is ~18" high(cam c/l). That gives me 98% anti-squat. Probably a little hard hitting for a 9.50 car, but it was the same when it had the faster motor. Shocks can slow down that hard hit.

The altered I have talked about has a anti-squat of about 20% and has a best 60' of 1.08 .

Rick

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:06 pm 

Rick ... And I was just giving a baseline that will get a typical backhalfed car down the track and expecting more testing / adjusting to be done to get it as close to perfect as desired.

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes