Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:18 am
Posts: 115
Location: Sharon Hill PA (Phila area)
Hey Guys,
The chassis is finally done, and now we're beginning to plumb the thing. My only question for now is; should the larger reservoir in the master cylinder be piped to the front, or does it matter? I'm using an 1 1/16 bore MC from an early 70's
Jeep. Rears are Willwood Dynalite's and front are GM calipers
Thanks
Mike

_________________
Our Camaro won't get done till I'm old and grey!!!
Oh, I already am grey


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 5852
Location: N.J.
You may need a different MC. If it has a small res. in the rear I would say it is for drum brakes. :-k Most of the guya I know use a MC from a Doge caravan ;-)

_________________
Image
running E85
Best ET 8.07
Best MPH 170.71
Barry


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 708
Beretta wrote:
You may need a different MC. If it has a small res. in the rear I would say it is for drum brakes. :-k Most of the guya I know use a MC from a Doge caravan ;-)


What year of Dodge Caravan?I know most of them have disc front drum rear,make a diff or not using it on a race car?

_________________
Image

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo


Last edited by traysvega on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:55 pm
Posts: 2468
Location: So Cal in the SFV
I heard to use a Chrysler lebaron MC

_________________
Poverty is owning a race car

   2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5071
Location: Elizabethtown, KY
Ours is a for a 70 corvette manual disk brakes at Advanced Auto.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... 5213898___

_________________
Steve

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 5852
Location: N.J.
traysvega wrote:
Beretta wrote:
You may need a different MC. If it has a small res. in the rear I would say it is for drum brakes. :-k Most of the guya I know use a MC from a Doge caravan ;-)


What year of Dodge Caravan?I know most of them have disc front drum rear,make a diff or not using it on a race car?



Here you go Tray and a friend of a friend :-s uses one of these on his dart at 3800lbs and runs 8.90s at 150+....... O:)

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/R ... CylPN.html

_________________
Image
running E85
Best ET 8.07
Best MPH 170.71
Barry


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 708
Beretta wrote:
traysvega wrote:
Beretta wrote:
You may need a different MC. If it has a small res. in the rear I would say it is for drum brakes. :-k Most of the guya I know use a MC from a Doge caravan ;-)


What year of Dodge Caravan?I know most of them have disc front drum rear,make a diff or not using it on a race car?



Here you go Tray and a friend of a friend :-s uses one of these on his dart at 3800lbs and runs 8.90s at 150+....... O:)

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/R ... CylPN.html



Very nice ,Thanks Barry!

_________________
Image

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brake Plumbing
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:18 am
Posts: 115
Location: Sharon Hill PA (Phila area)
Ok, traded in the MC I had and got the one from the Dodge PU that Barry suggested. The part numbers in the article didn't seem to be good. The one I ended up with is cast, not aluminum, no big deal, it's still lighter than the last one I had. I was just checking back to look for the PN of the fittings, but I know the they are not 9/16 like the description says. Actually the plastic fittings that came with it for bench bleeding don't even fit.
Guess when I pull it back off, its back to the parts store to try to find the fittings. I'm using 3/16 steel brake line from the MC to line lock and proportioning valve. To me they look more like 1/4 or 3/8 and they are both the same. The MC supposedly has an 1 1/8 bore...

_________________
Our Camaro won't get done till I'm old and grey!!!
Oh, I already am grey


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron