Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm 

Hello
I have a mid 80's Camaro slave and master cylinder in my car(new). The pedals are floor mounted, so the master is lower than the slave cylinder. The slave pushes against a regular clutch fork
I hung the slave cylinder down and pushed the rod in and out to get some air out, but once it was bolted up, I have no clutch. I will have to try and get someone to help pump the clutch pedal and I can bleed it at the slave cylinder(looks like there is a sm bleeder screw there)
Anyway, I was wondering if I will need an inline residual valve like I have for my brakes(master is lower than the slave), or will this bleed out OK if I can get some help in doing it?
thanks
Tom

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:46 pm 

I wouldn't use a residual valve, it could cause problems and I wouldn't think it would help anyway. Most factory style hydraulic clutches are a real pain to bleed. If I get one in the shop that won't bleed within a few tries I hook my brake pressure bleeder to it.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm 

Hello Chuck
Thanks very much for your reply. I was thinking about the clutch later and realized I have a resovoir up on the firewall, where my master for my brakes does not(it has residual valves)
I borrowed a vacuum pump and will do the brakes and try to do the hyd clutch as well. The slave cyl has a brass set screw, but it is not a bleeder screw. I have not taken it out yet to see
The line I have from the master to the slave is long and has some high points, so air may be in there. I can use the vacuum pump for the line and right up to the slave cyl
This hyd clutch has been more of a pain than I bargained for and I almost wish I had not of bothered with it...but it is almost done
I was supposed to be going out on July 4th with the car to a nostalgia race( more just to show the car), then out to a test and tune session on July 18 The guy towing me , now cannot go on those days, so it will be Aug 1st for test and tune. I will have time to try and paint up some of my welding marks and pretty things up with some of the interior in
I lost my job, so I am only going to be out once this year. I really should not even be doing this, but after this much time on the build, I have to
thanks again
Tom

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes