Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Trans/hyd fliud
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:45 am 

Looks like my local Tractor supply is not going to stock or order any of the Pennzoil fluid anymore so what have you guys been using???

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject: Re: Trans/hyd fliud
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 am 

Beretta wrote:
Looks like my local Tractor supply is not going to stock or order any of the Pennzoil fluid anymore so what have you guys been using???

Have been using the farm&home brand from local family farm home, but got the excell stuff this go around. All the same I think :-$ 26.99 for 5 gallons =;

http://www.nyesautomotive.net
http://www.diamondracecars.com
Fleenor Racing Glides
"get one before one gets you"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 am 

Hammertime wrote:
Beretta wrote:

Have been using the farm&home brand from local family farm home, but got the excell stuff this go around. All the same I think :-$ 26.99 for 5 gallons =;

Just don't like to steer away from things I have used that work....So David your using it and works the same as it did before =; =; ??? Im liking the price tag of the off brand stuff \:D/ ........

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:29 am 

Beretta wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
Beretta wrote:

Just don't like to steer away from things I have used that work....So David your using it and works the same as it did before =; =; ??? Im liking the price tag of the off brand stuff \:D/ ........

It seems to be fine with me, I looked at it last weekend when my stock pump broke and my trans guy drained it. He said samething I did with 1qt of type F it looks like the high dollar syn stuff =;

Fleenor Racing Glides

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

One of the tractor specs on this can I have states it's for Ford/New Holland ESN M2C134A, B, C AND D use. So if whatever you're using will meet those specs then it probably will be OK.

Just talked to Faye's brother, who has worked on farm equipment most of his life, and he says that all the major brands that are out there are now up over $70 at the tractor dealers? John Deer is right at $100 according to him, and those are HIS cost, not retail.

But the price increase goes along with other stuff that is oil related. Last 12 qt case of Brad Penn I bought was $33 and last week that same oil was $58 so go figure!

But it was good to read that Dave ran the "cheap" stuff with no problems so I guess when my Penzoil can goes empty, then that's what I'll run also.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 pm 

Ken, I also talked to a local farmer before buying lol He said for what we do all will work good as long as it says tractor transmission fluid on it. He said what a tractor goes through compared to what the race car does is a big difference. I'd of got the pricey stuff but can not find it here and needed some. Another way to cut a few bucks off the yearly $ spent.

I wish I could of found brad penn for 33.00 heck even 58.00 I priced it this past winter 78.00 plus shipping eek !

Fleenor Racing Glides

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

MY BAD! I just did a search on here and I was mistaken on that Brad Penn price.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4951&p=45948&hilit=brad+penn#p45948

Seems I have paid $43 for it since I got it at $33. Yeah, CRS again! I will NOT pay $58+ for it though. If I got to spend that much money, then I'll go back to full synthetic Mobile 1 20w50 Extreme Performance like I was running before.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:42 pm 

Question on this. I used transfluid/hyd fluid and it seems that rev is alot softer than what I remember it. I did get my car fired and almost totally back together, fired it and it has all the gears, brake works and leaves. Just seems that it doesn't have the bamgoing into gear, that I remember. Hopefully it is just the new fluid, I always ran type f. I believe this stuff is alittle thinner than type f.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm 

altereddoug wrote:
Question on this. I used transfluid/hyd fluid and it seems that rev is alot softer than what I remember it. I did get my car fired and almost totally back together, fired it and it has all the gears, brake works and leaves. Just seems that it doesn't have the bamgoing into gear, that I remember. Hopefully it is just the new fluid, I always ran type f. I believe this stuff is alittle thinner than type f.

Hummm......I think It's :-k :-k thicker

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, mine is thicker than std ATF also? Are you SURE you got the right stuff? If you got regular hyd oil in that thing it's not going to work........long! You need to make absolutely sure that what you got is for a tractor transmission that shares the hydraulic system's fluid, hence the name HydraTrans Tractor Fluid1

Oh, and my bro in law says that the NEW type fluid is thinner than the old G 134 A, B, C and D fluid!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:13 pm 

When I get home 5 hours from now I will post everything about what I got, down to the msds...lol... I triple checked that it is for trans/hydraulic fluid. I purchased it at our local Rural King and thats what it says Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Almost a clear/greenish tint. Added Type F for color. This trans is completely new witha reid front pump. It could be there pressure is down from what I had. I did pressure check it during and after assembly. I will probably go ahead and see what my line pressures are..

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:27 pm 

Here is a pic of what i bought , only in a 2 gallon can

This is correct isn't it????
says it is specs to john deere, massey, etc, transmissions.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

That should work Doug? So you didn't change ANYTHING tranny wise then? How about line pressure?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 pm 

Had alot of kid things come up. So Wed I will hook the gauges up and get all the pertinent poop. Its all new,seals, pump(reid). Because of the output shaft pins took out the drum and all that metal went through everything.
This is all fresh. So it maybe nothing, just me asking another precautionary question.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:13 pm 

rev pressure is 195 in rev@ 1800 <--------BAD READINGS
apply piston servo is 198 psi first @ 1800 <------ Bad READINGS
I have no provision for the high clutch pressure.
But I am wondering if it is because it has sat since October and just now started after rebuild. More I cycle it better it feels, just wander if there was still some trapped air someplace. I think I just need to get it out, hopefully in a few weeks. Thanks for the input

My question moved so I don't take over Bereta's post

Last edited by altereddoug on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes