Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: TOYO Tires
 Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:45 pm 

Well guy's i tried a set of the toyo slicks this weekend and i will say this for them they do hook.
My first time run saturday not much of a burn out came out of the water about 5 feet and the thing like to jerked my head off it dead hooked staged the car let loose of the button and it destroyed the ring and pinion came up and right back down ripped all the teeth off.

and the only gear i had was a 4.10 pro gear so no racing Saturday .
so i put the 4.10 gear in and Sunday the first pass needless to say it did slow way down 33X16.5 Tires But it had a 1.34 60 and went 5.98 at 117 was getting with 5.14 gear 1.27 28 60's going 5.80 at 121 122 but anyway second time run 1.33 60 and 5.96 at 117.92 so first round i dial the car a 5.97 have a 17 light and lifted right before the stripe and go a 5.98 at 116.70 win running against a dragster he had a 90 light and was not there.
second round dial the another 5.97 1.33.6 60 09 light lifted again and broke out with a 5.96.8
This morning we only get one time run go out 1.34 60 and run a 5.95.5 at 117.77
So first round i dial the car a 5.94 got over cast and cooled down a little and they scraped the track and sprayed it .
So dialed the 5.94 got a light i thought 03 running a dragster he matched me on the light we both ran dead on me with a 5.94.6 him 5.30.2 on a 5.30 so i did the only thing i could do go over shake his and load my crap up and came home.

But i think these toyo tires is going to be OK I'm going to try to get another gear put back in the car and run these to 15K races this weekend and see what they do there but so far I'm kinda thinking these things are going to work OK and for the price it don't seem like you can not run them more later with some testing on them.

has anybody else ran them and if so what was your take on them.

Post subject: Re: TOYO Tires
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 am 

Hey Ron, I know a guy down here that ran them. He said they hooked great. Some of the best 60's he has had. The bad part was the consistantcy. He was all over the place. On the same day he put the goodyears back on and 60's went higher but ET's were consistant. Let me know how they work for ya.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 am 

WR169 wrote:
Hey Ron, I know a guy down here that ran them. He said they hooked great. Some of the best 60's he has had. The bad part was the consistantcy. He was all over the place. On the same day he put the goodyears back on and 60's went higher but ET's were consistant. Let me know how they work for ya.

Seems to be the story of these tires, hit and miss. Remember seeing pics on a forum where they were down to no wear marks left after 25 passes. That was scary looking. Maybe they have changed sense then, I hope they work out for ya Ron

http://www.nyesautomotive.net
http://www.diamondracecars.com
Fleenor Racing Glides
"get one before one gets you"

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Just talked to a local racer that ran some of these tires back about two years ago when they had the "two for one" sale going on. He stated that from what he remembered, they didn't stand out as being better than anything else he has run but he had NO major NEGATIVE comments for'em either, which I consider a plus considering the price.

Only thing that he mentioned that was odd to him was that they liked a lot more air pressure than what he normally ran in even the MT tires he's run in the past. The said that it basically took him one set of the two to figure out what they wanted as far as air pressure was concerned. After that he said they worked OK and he didn't remember them wearing out quickly either.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm 

I will keep you guy's posted going to run a couple of 10K race's this weekend a little better track we will see how it goes.

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes