Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Converter Slippage
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:25 pm 

Well,Cars running again finally.I took it to the track friday for test and tune.Cam gives up at 6500 and just doesnt pull any higher.Problem is @ the 1000 foot I'm at 6500.Gear calculator Says with my 4.10's 28 tire I should be able to run upwards of 130 mph(not including any converter slipppage).Max mph is 121.22.@ the 1000.Is the converter slipping too much or is that about right?Called the verter guy and he said its o.k reduce the rear gear .So,out comes the 4.10's and in goes a 3.73 slug.By the way track tech guy told me that I would be asked to leave it I ran faster than 11.49.IT WENT 10.904 @ 121.22 on the litlle oh 100 shot.LOL #-o

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject: Re: Converter Slippage
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:55 am 

traysvega wrote:
Well,Cars running again finally.I took it to the track friday for test and tune.Cam gives up at 6500 and just doesnt pull any higher.Problem is @ the 1000 foot I'm at 6500.Gear calculator Says with my 4.10's 28 tire I should be able to run upwards of 130 mph(not including any converter slipppage).Max mph is 121.22.@ the 1000.Is the converter slipping too much or is that about right?Called the verter guy and he said its o.k reduce the rear gear .So,out comes the 4.10's and in goes a 3.73 slug.By the way track tech guy told me that I would be asked to leave it I ran faster than 11.49.IT WENT 10.904 @ 121.22 on the litlle oh 100 shot.LOL #-o

Oh those tech guys....just jealous I think....git-r-dun Tray

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:31 pm 

Thanks james,,Where you been hidin?I got r-done, as done as its gonna get for awhile O:) . 10.492 @ 125 and change was enough to make me happy.For now 8-[ .I'm still gonna send in the verter as it is slippin too much on top end even with the gear change to a 3.73.I'm also gonna up the spring pressures (change to some k-motion k-800's with more seat pressure/open pressure, at the same installed height as these comp springs.Should give me a couple more hundred rpm at the stripe(I hope). So tell me how ya been doin! \:D/

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:46 am 

traysvega wrote:
Thanks james,,Where you been hidin?I got r-done, as done as its gonna get for awhile O:) . 10.492 @ 125 and change was enough to make me happy.For now 8-[ .I'm still gonna send in the verter as it is slippin too much on top end even with the gear change to a 3.73.I'm also gonna up the spring pressures (change to some k-motion k-800's with more seat pressure/open pressure, at the same installed height as these comp springs.Should give me a couple more hundred rpm at the stripe(I hope). So tell me how ya been doin! \:D/

Been doin ok....got a couple of new puters up and running so been a wallflower on here just bench racin...fuel prices last year kind of made racin a luxery...wow...goin to get her out this weekend first time it has been nice...tried last night to start it...nothin, no lights, no dash lights just dead...left it hooked up...yeah...not taking a charge either...looks like new batteries in my future but that is ok...waz going to change them anyways this year so just gave me an excuse...Mustang huh?....that thing is flying 10.49...with a 100 shot...whew...lighter is faster tho...I was thinking that the cam was givin up....valve float...new springs will help it tooo...

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes