Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Transmission Upgrade
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Well, Ronnieboi Owens got my transmission parts to me last Saturday and now I got it back together with the new 1:80 straight cut planetary and a BTE Pro Brake valve body.  The converter was shipped from BTE yesterday and I'll have it tomorrow so we'll likely be ready to test somewhere this weekend.

The reverse clutch pack in the transmission was toast!  Although the frictions only had .006 to .007 wear on'em they were burnt and starting to crack from the heat.  The Steels were also toast and some were warped so I put a new reverse clutch pack in also.  The high gear clutches only measured .001 under new so I'd say that's pretty good for 3 seasons, hey!

Anywho, Pit Bitch is off this week so as soon as UPS delivers that converter we'll be putting it all back together.  Now all I got to do is pay for all this stuff!  O:) Merry Christmas to me, hey!  ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm 

Did you tear up the factory planetaries? or this making it better? I tend to wonder how long mine will hold up. I lost first on my last pass and I was wondering but it appears that I stripped the case for the band adjustment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

jakesz28 wrote:
Did you tear up the factory planetaries? or this making it better? I tend to wonder how long mine will hold up. I lost first on my last pass and I was wondering but it appears that I stripped the case for the band adjustment.

Nah, didn't break the planetary but it did screw up the driveshaft.  Ron Owens was offering a buy in deal with BTE and the planetary was a good buy so I bought that, a Pro Brake valve body and had the converter reworked.  

Now I got to have another driveshaft made and we'll be ready for next year.  Good thing racing season is over.  I tore up too much stuff this year and need to let my wallet heal a bit.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes