Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Torque Converter
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Talked to Scott Smith's converter guy at BTE yesterday and now my verter is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow to have a CCX stator installed and also to tweak up the stall a bit.  I was going to ship it today but it's Veterans Day today and the USPS wasn't open.

The stall on the verter that's been in there wasn't hight enough for this engine.  I had it reworked last winter and thought they were going to tweak it up then but not so.  It was the same as it was before I sent it off.  RPM at the gear change drops back to 6400 and what I wanted was for the converter to flash to around 6200 instead of the 5500 that it is doing now.  Anywho, we'll send it off tomorrow and that should put it back here by next Thursday or Friday so Pit Bitch and I can get it back in and try it out before the last race of this year.  

So this weekend we'll be playing with the Studebaker again only this time it will have a full gas tank when we get to the track.  I might even go Super Pro racing Sunday if the Saturday thingie works out.   Oh, and I just realized that the Hoosiers on the Camaro will fit the Studebaker so that might be the way to go to stop the tire spin at the hit.  Can you spell "Dead Hook" boys and girls?  ;-)

Anywho, I just hope that the weather will cooperate again this week as we only have a few more events left.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: Torque Converter
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm 

Ken0069 wrote:
Talked to Scott Smith's converter guy at BTE yesterday and now my verter is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow to have a CCX stator installed and also to tweak up the stall a bit.  I was going to ship it today but it's Veterans Day today and the USPS wasn't open.

The stall on the verter that's been in there wasn't hight enough for this engine.  I had it reworked last winter and thought they were going to tweak it up then but not so.  It was the same as it was before I sent it off.  RPM at the gear change drops back to 6400 and what I wanted was for the converter to flash to around 6200 instead of the 5500 that it is doing now.  Anywho, we'll send it off tomorrow and that should put it back here by next Thursday or Friday so Pit Bitch and I can get it back in and try it out before the last race of this year.  

So this weekend we'll be playing with the Studebaker again only this time it will have a full gas tank when we get to the track.  I might even go Super Pro racing Sunday if the Saturday thingie works out.   Oh, and I just realized that the Hoosiers on the Camaro will fit the Studebaker so that might be the way to go to stop the tire spin at the hit.  Can you spell "Dead Hook" boys and girls?  ;-)

Anywho, I just hope that the weather will cooperate again this week as we only have a few more events left.

Have fun with the this weekend with the Studebaker!.... I'm sending my verter bac to PTC and Tim@PTC is gonna send me a new verter for my appl with the right spacing and everything..Thats gonna fix ALL of my issues(I hope ) but not gonna make it out before the end of the season.....Oh well....lots to do still and will have all winter...Laters

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes