Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: On a positive note!
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Well, after moving the IC around on the car and having Faye help me finish getting the chassis neutral it did run straight as an arrow today! \:D/ One 750cfm carb is NOT enough for that engine though as speeds were down again in the 114 range for most of the runs I made. I guess I'm going to have to buy a set of needle seats and floats for the Dominator and try it again. I do think I was running the fuel pressure too low and that may be part of the lean problem with that carb. Anywho, it's almost 5 mph slow with a single 750 and NOT consistent at all! The Dominator was more consistent even though EGTs were higher than with the single 750.

I'm thinking about running tomorrow night at Waynesboro if they have a race. I need to get my arse in gear and "git-r-dun"!! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:54 pm 

TUNNEL RAM..LOL You know you want to. =;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Ken

Is that the Waynesboro just off of 64 east of Staunton? Let me know if you go. I might take a run up there.

George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:51 am 
Site Admin

Yeah George it's that Waynesboro but I checked and they aren't running Friday night like usual. They are running Sunday this week and my "Pit Bitch" is off to a conference Sunday afternoon and won't be able to be there. I guess that's the end of that.

That track is really hard to race at because they are "Round Robin" from the first round! SUX, that plus time slips are given out at the base of the tower, not on the return road. It's just a screwed up way of doing things but it's the way they've done it for years and it's not going to change.

How's your paint job coming?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:53 am 
Site Admin

StrokerCamaro wrote:
TUNNEL RAM..LOL You know you want to. =;

Yeah, that's my Ace in the hole so to speak. If all else fails I KNOW they will work! I just like to try odd ball s**t is all! Yup, been like that all my life. Sometimes it works, others it won't. It's the nature of the beast! =;

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes