Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: 4 LINK & STATIC WEIGHT
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:44 pm 

hey guys i have been reading all the post about this 4 link setup and i just can't tell if i did it right so this is what i have done up till now .
i have a buddy that i helped reback halfed last year and put a anit-roll bar on it ran good but wanted to check everthing out this year so we started with the i/c of the truck the weight of it  so this is what he has and what we found ..  it is a s-10 sbc 4 link th 400 whit trans brake 9" 514 grear 14.5 32 x 15 slicks right now it has ran 6.80 1/8 140 60ft  99mph  tis is what we found the i/c is 54" out and 7.25 up  we scaled the car weightis 2777 w/odriver w/driver 2937 i have moved the batt too the pass side and some weight  and preloaded the right top bar to get the right rear to be even or just a little hever the lf is more than the rf i dont have the # with me now or i would post them the anit roll bar we unhook while we weight it it has 2" droped spindles we are thinking of putting on the stock ones to get the front end up it set over 2" lower  right now .. do you guys think we are close dose the i/c need to be move back or up  and is it right on the rear weights  the truck has 55%front and 44% rear sorry this is soo long any help i will take  thanks aj

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:44 pm 

it sounds like you're real close. Usually you want the right rear a little heavier than the left rear (this is with the driver in the car) to compensate for the rotational force of the driveshaft.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes