Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: 5 coil car
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:37 pm 

Just throwing this out for any input. On harder hitting cars they actualy go to an anti squat on rear to asorb some of the initial energy. but shortly after they get tire shake from not having enough tire contact pressure. This can be tuned out but what if you put a bearing mount in 4 link where it connects to axel tubes and then a stiff 5th coilover in center above punkin to control the initial hit, and put the anti squat and shock control back in for right after? Do you think it would work? They run something like this on dirt late models to hook up to dirt.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:32 pm 

Man I'm lost on th Basics of the 4 link.....Then you add this...my brain hurts.. #-o =; =; =; =;

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:58 pm 

Sorry Tray. I just never could stop asking why or what if. I've been called a dumb ass a lot of times but still keep asking. That's how ya go faster. That's the fun part of bench racing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:02 pm 

traysvega wrote:
Man I'm lost on th Basics of the 4 link.....Then you add this...my brain hurts.. #-o =; =; =; =;

that wouldn,t have anything to do with the squirel humping your brains out would it?lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:07 pm 

hey avery he is the squirrel. :-k

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject: Re: 5 coil car
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 pm 

Bubstr wrote:
Just throwing this out for any input. On harder hitting cars they actualy go to an anti squat on rear to asorb some of the initial energy. but shortly after they get tire shake from not having enough tire contact pressure. This can be tuned out but what if you put a bearing mount in 4 link where it connects to axel tubes and then a stiff 5th coilover in center above punkin to control the initial hit, and put the anti squat and shock control back in for right after? Do you think it would work? They run something like this on dirt late models to hook up to dirt.

First .. when you call it the " 5th " coilover your counting 2 up front, 2 in the rear + the 5th ... ??

Is the 5th mounted horizontally front - rear or verticle ?

Post subject: Re: 5 coil car
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:51 pm 

DCarr wrote:
Bubstr wrote:

First .. when you call it the " 5th " coilover your counting 2 up front, 2 in the rear + the 5th ... ??

Is the 5th mounted horizontally front - rear or verticle ?
They can be mounted virticaly or horizontal wiyh bell crank to control the differential from just turnning completely around. This basic idea is not new 70s mopar pro stocks used a rubber snubber to control it. the snubber hight was partiular what hight it was.

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes