Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes

Post subject: Tires on my 68 chevelle
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:32 pm 

I asked this ? in another forum didn't really get a response. I Have 68 chevelle i'm putting together to race. I have a 355 w 13:1, th350 trans, 4.56 gears i want to run the biggest tire I can. I was told i can run 29.5x10.5 without cutting anything. is there any way to measure or has anyone done this on these cars?? I have a stock full frame and factory width rear end. Any help would be great thanks todd

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:59 pm 

TODDM wrote:
I asked this ? in another forum didn't really get a response. I Have 68 chevelle i'm putting together to race. I have a 355 w 13:1, th350 trans, 4.56 gears i want to run the biggest tire I can. I was told i can run 29.5x10.5 without cutting anything. is there any way to measure or has anyone done this on these cars?? I have a stock full frame and factory width rear end. Any help would be great thanks todd

....Todd 10.5 will fit just fine....but an 11 or 12" tire will also fit....just need to have the right wheel and backspacing..... \:D/ \:D/ ....maybe the guys can give ya more info.... =D> =D>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:24 pm 

we run a 29 by 12 d5 compound hoosier slick on a 68 with a 10 inch weld half and half backspace and had to cut the lip in the quarter and beat on the inner quarter

Board index » Racing Forum » Drive Train, Suspension and Brakes