Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: Innovate LC-1 Issues?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

Got two of these connected to my DL-32. Problem is I can't get the gauges on the dashboard to show the two?? I already had one programmed into the system and it shows up like it normally did but getting the one for the Right side of the engine to show up on the dashboard is a problem that's starting to annoy me.

So I already had one working and one gauge on the dashboard. So I connected the "new to me" one with a new sensor directly to the laptop and went through all the LM and heater calibrations, etc then turned everything off. Started it up again, got the blinking LED that stopped after about 30 seconds and then turned it off again. Connected the new one with the terminator plug in the "in" connector and connected the ''out" connetor to the "in" connector on the OTHER LC-1. So I fire up the Logwerks 3 progie and try to add another O2 gauge to my dashboard. I had named the other one with an "L" to identify it as the "Left" side of the engine so naturally I tried to name the other side as "R" for the "right" side.

So ask me how that worked out??? BOTH gauges wind up with the same damn name showing the exact same O2 reading????

So what am I doing wrong here?? [-( [-( ](*,)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm 

You have to program each LC-1 separately. You have to have just one LC-1 connected to the serial port at a time. All innovate stuff has to be programed one at a time with the terminator connected to the in and the out connected to the serial port. You cannot program anything when its connected in a chain. You must cycle the power off after programing any device other wise it wont program. The cycling of power programs them, thats how you make the changes 'stick'.
Do this.
separate the item you want to program from the logging chain.
install terminator to the in serial in port of the device. connect the out port to the computer.
then and only then power up the device.
Open LMprogramer and it will connect to the device and then name the device in the name box thingy.
do any other changes applicable to the device etc.
Shut down LMprgrammer.
turn off the power to the device
repower the device and reopen lmprogramer and check if its programmed how you want it to be. Shut down lmrogramer.
Turn off the power to the device
turn on the power to the device
open logworks and connect to the device and it will come up with a request saying this device needs reconfiguring, go through the windows to do that. Its at this stage that you name the device within the logworks program so that logworks which is a separate thing to the actual device has a name etc to call that device when its back into the chain.
Complete your tasks and shut off the power to the device and shut down logworks. (Logworks has to be shut down in order to memorize the configuration of what all the things are called etc, its the same as devices).
reconnect the device back into the serial chain on your car.
Restart logworks and all should work from there.

Then everything will work correctly. every innovate device has to be done this way. Never remove a serial connection while the power is on, it will corrupt lots of stuff and you have to start all over again.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

I GOT IT! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics