Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: LC-1 Mounting?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Got 2 LC-1s to mount on my dragter but I'm running into a problem with other "stuff" being near, namely spark plug wires. In order to be able to reach all the tubes on each side, I'm going to have to mount the LC-1s on the frame rail that passes under the head but the plug wires also run in that area.

So I'm wondering if the RF signal generated around those LC-1s by the plug wires will have a negative effect on them? The furtherest that I can get them from the wires and still reach the header is about 4/6 inches.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: LC-1 Mounting?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 pm 

You can wrap the LC-1's in aluminum foil and ground one end of the foil to stop RF.

Post subject: Re: LC-1 Mounting?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I tried this mount with a running engine and there was just too much fluctuation in the AFRs indicating that RF static was horking it up. So, I moved the O2 sensor lead BELOW the frame rail and that pretty much stopped it. Problem is that I'd have to cut a hole in the body panel to do this so I decided to do the shrinker trick with the aluminum foil and moved the plug wires up as far as I could and it seems to be OK there as the gauges on the dashboard are much more stable. Pictures are of before and after.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics