Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: DL-32 Problem?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 am 
Site Admin

Towed to Roxboro last night to do the final test with the Camaro. Not only did the humidity make it miserable but I also found that my Innovate logger was saving runs in some funky format (09281580.0D3) that nothing would open?? Formatted the memory card and tried again but no luck. Changed out memory cards and still the SOS??? So I made the trip for nothing! I was NOT a happy camper!! ](*,)

Read through the user manual and found nothing on this? Searched online and found nothing either??? Leave it to me to have a "first ever" problem with anything! I made a post over on the Innovate board last night but no one has answered it yet. [-(

It's crap like this that makes me wonder why I keep doing this? Maybe I need to sell ALL this junk and just quit! [-(

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: DL-32 Problem?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:15 pm 

I see the <MW> (Mystery Wookie or maybe someone else close to a Yeti!!) =; had a good reply. Perhaps you have a virus either in the DL-32 or the laptop thats renaming files. I fiddled with one guys logger stuff and there was only some computers that he had that would open a logworks file, All of my computers worked on his files, really wierd stuff. It seems to me that computers are full of errors and corruption and they just lead us believe their OK most of the time, bit like politics really.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

OK so you caught the <MW> thingie. ;-) FYI this laptop only gets used on my race car, NOTHING ELSE!! It has a network card in it only when I want to transfer backup files to another computer on my network, which is behind a firewall??? I can tell you that this one would be cleaner than anything else in the house. So I'm not buying the virus thingie on that laptop at all. And I'm not buying the date being off either as it's always correct.

I've got Logwerks 3 running on three different comptuers here an ALL of them will open the regular .d32 files, no problem.

IMHO this has to be a corrupt firmware issue in the DL-32 itself. I'm going to call Innovate Monday. DAYUMN I hate having to reprogram all this crap but at least it's coming at a time when all this stuff will be moved to the dragster and I'll be adding a second LC-1 to it at that time.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:03 pm 

Fair enough then. I know of one guy who has a DL-32 that labels all files the same. Its new, wierd huh.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Hadn't updated this thread since I fixed the file name thingie. Talked to Innovate and was told to disconnect everything in the log chain from the DL-32 then connect the computer to it and run the LM programmer. I changed ONE item then changed it back and saved it and when I fired it back up it seemed to work "normally". So that part is fixed but have some other issues to deal with. I'm going to reload the firmware in all these things to get back to zero and start over in the dragster to see if I still have problems. Then again, since I know where the tuneup is on that thing I may not even put the logger on it since there isn't much room for stuff to begin with.

We shall see.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics