Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: Logworks 3 and XP x64?
 Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

I've got a problem with Logworks 3 not working on this Windows XP x64 computer? It was working at one time but lately every time I try to open it screen flashes then it goes away and won't run? I did a Google search for this but it didn't tell me anything.

Anyone else had a problem running Logworks 3 on an x64 XP operating system? :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:31 am 

Have you tried uninstalling LogWorks and then reinstall? a lot of times that fixes software problems...

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Geek, been there and done that a couple of times. I also went into the registry and cleaned out all the Logworks stuff and that didn't help either. I think it was a 'Winders update that killed it as I took an extra drive I have and did a clean install of x64 on that then installed Logworks and it worked fine?? I sent an Email to Innovate tech support to see if they were aware that there might be a problem form updates on XP x64 systems.

XP x64 is somewhat of a bastard child in that it wasn't used on many computers to begin with. The only reason I have it is because a friend gave it to me and everyone knows that free is good, "most" of the time. Haven't noticed any other problems though and I've got a couple of games from 1995/99 that still run fine on it?

Maybe Innovate will have a solution for me on this.

What I really need is for Logworks 3 to run in Wine on Ubuntu Linux! That one won't work either though. Some Winders stuff will run in Wine on Linux and some won't.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:28 pm 

I never had Linux but do like most Red Wines :-s

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Beretta wrote:
I never had Linux but do like most Red Wines :-s

There's more to it than that. Ubuntu Linux is free and better than Winders for most stuff the average user does. There's also a ton of FREE applications that do similar things that Winders apps do, and did I mention that it's all free?

Right now I do have some Winders apps running in Wine but Logworks 3 isn't one of them.

http://www.winehq.org/

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:18 pm 

no arguments here, my dayjob is managing 1200+ Linux or Unix servers!

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

dieselgeek wrote:
no arguments here, my dayjob is managing 1200+ Linux or Unix servers!

I've been using Ubuntu for a couple of years for all my "secure" stuff related to administring this board as my Admin account got hacked a few years back via a keylogger that got on my Winders comptuer at the time.

I had played around with Suse, Fedora, Red Hat and a few others over the years but never was serious about learning anything about them, ie, load one of them on a spare drive and play a while then it was back to Winders. I got somewhat serious though after that account got hacked and found that Ubuntu was much more user friendly than the other distros I had tried over the years. Anything that requires a secure connection for me is done with Ubuntu or it isn't done. I only use Winders for a very few things that I haven't learned to do in Ubuntu.

Sure do wish I could figure out how to make Logworks 3 run on Linux though.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics