Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 pm 

I need help!! A customer asked me to do an install on a custom harness on his 1991 porsche 964 track car. His mechanic had been trouble shooting it for a couple of months and reached his limits. When car came to me it won't run or start. The guy who built the engine, did the Aem install and turbo using factory harness. I did the harness install, which actually was a nitemare. The car still uses alot of oem harness and functions. I installed the original turbo run file the builder had provided. It starts and runs fine until I load the engine on the roller dyno. Anything over 4# boost and engine cuts out and won't rev past 3500. I've checked all values on sensors and is good. Changed plugs, gapped at .024, swapped both coils, igniters, verified fuel flow and pressure. AFR is good, timing is good. I've added grounds, isolated the +12 to the AEM, replaced battery terminals, changed fuel,everything but pull the engine to check valve springs. In neutral, it will rev to the limiter. It's a bunch improved, but a long way from right. Tomarrow I going to isolate the igntion input and run it on a toggle, bypassing the oem wiring.
I am not a quitter, and won't give up til it runs right.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Javier

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm 

Try closing the plug gap down to .014 to see if it helps any, should let you know if it's ignition related.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am 

Thanks for the ideas Donnee, good talking to you. Got it figured out, Map sensor output was off the software scale, once I got them on the same page all came together. Now I have to figure why only the hi boost setting doesnt boost any higher then the medium setting. One step at a time..

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 am 

Glad you're making progress, no doubt in my mind that you'll get it figured out. Enjoyed the visit also. Keep us posted, I'd like to know how much power it makes when you're finished with it.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics