Post subject: Speed Wire
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 am 

http://gallo-teck.ca/speedwire/index.htm

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject: Re: Speed Wire
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ya know, I've built 2 cars from scratch and owned three others that I basically rewired and I've never had but one issue with wiring and that was when the alternator drop out switch on the carb grounded 3 years ago and took a couple with it before the fuse let go and I did go more rounds after that happened. Even that wouldn't have been prevented by these type of "super" wiring switch deals.

Having said that, I can bet that I have WAY less in my wiring systems than I would have in stuff like this.

I guess this is the stuff those "check book" racers use, ie, just write a check and have someone else do it! Me, I like to do it myself, especially if I can save money! \:D/ Yeah, I'm cheap!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm 

Using a system like that would certainly make it easier to wire a car yourself and look nice.

When the price is reasonable I won't hesitate to use a system like this. Price -vs- time saved is the key here. More and more I don't mind paying for things that save me time. Not gonna pay $1k to save a couple hours, but would gladly pay it to save me a couple weeks work.

Rick

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:52 pm 

rick360 wrote:
Using a system like that would certainly make it easier to wire a car yourself and look nice.

When the price is reasonable I won't hesitate to use a system like this. Price -vs- time saved is the key here. More and more I don't mind paying for things that save me time. Not gonna pay $1k to save a couple hours, but would gladly pay it to save me a couple weeks work.

Rick

The issue with these systems is that it gives people a false sense of reliability and workmanship. The wiring is still only as good as the connections, the routing, and the grounding. Sure the "panel area" will look good, but you still gotta get wire from the panel out and make it look good! Not too many people hae the patience or the attention to detail to get there...just sayin! \:D/

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

OhioMafiaWireGuy wrote:
Not too many people have the patience or the attention to detail to get there...just sayin! \:D/

And I agree with you on that as every wiring job I ever did looked like s**t but worked to perfection 99.9% of the time and the times that it didn't work basically had nothing to do with the wiring.

My main problem is that 1) I don't like to cut wiring harnesses that come with stuff like ignition systems because I might want to move it to the other car and or sell it to someone else and 2) short wire ain't s**t, ie, I always leave some "extra" wire instead of making them look super neat cut to exact length. So as long as I have that attitude then anything I ever do will always look like s**t! But hey, I can live with that when the only cost is what I spend in materials and in the end it works.

Yeah, I'm cheap! =;

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics