Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: Dedenbear CC1 ?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 am 

I just baught a used CC1 command center. I'll be using a Dedenbear linkage stop that will also be used for a starting line controle. I'm just wandering if the two hit feture leaving off the top and bottom bulbs will work with the starting line controle. I would like to set it up to go full throttle when i release the trans brake off the top bulb. Will the linkage stop go limp on the second hit at the tree or stay full throttle? Also how mutch time do i need on the stop to run 10.90? Currently running 9.75 at 137mph. I cant activate the stop right off the line, The car wheelstands about 40 or 50 feet out. I'm thinking hitting the stop 2 seconds out?

Post subject: Re: Dedenbear CC1 ?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 am 

I'm not a dedenbear user but, Biondo and K&R boxes override the starting line control when in throttle stop mode. Here's a link to instructions for a CC3 which is almost identical to the CC1.
http://www.dedenbear.com/instructionswiring/cc3.pdf

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 am 

your going to have to hit the stop almost as soon as the brake is released or your constancy won't be there...Also you don't need to use the line control for class racing....Stage bulb on to the floor and release...Or you will never get a good lite...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:54 pm 

I wont be doing any class racing just yet. I'm slowing the car down so i can leave first. currently i have one of the fastest in my class and i'm alway's waiting at the tree. And i might as well make the dragsters wait a bit longer too. Also why i'm wondering about the two hit feture. Our tree is blocked so i can't leave off there bulb. I'm doing exactly what you say, stage bulb to the floor and release, but i'm currently doing it with a two step. Why would a two or three second dalay be more inconsistant than a delay off the hop?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 pm 

Most all .90 racers go on the stop at .15 - .20 and cruise around 4000 - 4600 rpm and shift on time at .50 - .80 seconds. You can take a very hard leaving car and calm it down by going on the stop early and if you shift on time, your already in high gear when the throttle goes back wide open making it less likely to spin the tires. I'm pretty sure double hitting will reset the starting line controller. You would be better top bulbing and have a bump down set-up.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:47 pm 

Can you explain bump down set up? This is all new to me. I think if i start the stop just before the shift i'm already far enough out that it wont spin. I'll just have to test to find out what works best. I'm not useing a shift timer, i shift it manually with a shift light, so it wont shift with the stop on. I like doing the wheelstands so hitting the stop at .15 or .20 wouldn't be any fun for me or the fans. Plus i think the front end would come down pretty hard.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:10 am 

Bump down is done by installing another button hooked to the delay box, you can set a specific time to subtract. When you release the transbrake button and think or know you missed the bulb, you press the bump button and it will subtract the programmed amount you have set in the bump from the delay time. You can also use the bump more than once, let's say you have .008 in the bump, pressing that button twice will subtract.016 from the delay. My suggestions on stop settings were to try and make consistant back to back runs, going on the stop at .15 - .20 is soon enough to prevent the car from wheelstands and will be far more consistant than waiting until farther into the run.
Biondo has some good tips on their website.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics