Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: Re: Innovate Data Logger
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:02 pm 

Hey Ken,

You probably already checked this, On your driveshaft rpm issue, Does your max rpm input in the software match the one you programed into the module?

Greg is second to none when dealing with the logger stuff. I always get great prices and service.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Bill I've had intermittent issues with the drives shaft rpm setup. It keeps on wanting to change the input stuff for some reason. It will work fine for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden it's reading twice actual speed cuz the setup in the SSI4 has reverted back to default settings of a 4 cylinder engine instead of an 8 cylinder like it's suppose to be.

The good part is that since I changed the engine RPM to channel 3 on the DL32 and installed a hall effect sensor reading the MSD crank trigger magnets I get a graph that does actuially follow exactly what the engine is doing, and that matches the driveshaft RPM graph when it's working correctly.

I also have managed to get my tuneup to where EGTs on all eight cylinders are within 77* of each other. ;-)

But yeah, Greg has been good to deal with. Early on I had some problems with mine and he sent me another DL32 to use to test with. He also has some good prices on sensors and stuff too. Yeah, I would deal with him again!!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 pm 

Ken,
If I understood Tuner correctly you don't need another pickup. Just move the MSD tach output to channel 3. Is this the latest you have heard?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah Scott, you can use channel 3 without a hall effect sensor but it has to have the crank trigger or distributor connected to it generating a "square wave" signal? Prolly would have been easy for me cuz I got a crank trigger and nothing is connected to the distributor leads.

But I do know it works with the hall effect sensor cuz that is what mine is using, and those are cheap, like $3 or something like that. I got a spare one in my desk drawer.

I just can't figure out why the SSI4 goes back to default settings on the driveshaft RPM though? It will do that every couple or three weeks.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm 

I had that issue where the ssi wouldn't hold the settings, I pushed the software to it and it fixed it. You can download them from here
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

Worth a try.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Bill, I may have to try that if it horks up again. It's done it 3 times since I installed that feature. Before that I had an oil pressure sensor on that channel, that didn't work either?......Humm?

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics