Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:28 am 

Computech have set up a forum for data pro users, not much on it yet but handy place to ask for set ups etc.

http://www.computechracing.com/phpBB2/index.php

Take a look.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:52 am 

I appreciate that Sam. I actually had ran across that 3 or 4 weeks ago but like you said there isn't much posted there yet.  Have you installed yours yet?

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 pm 

well It's in the car Chuck, I've not really hooked anything up yet but plan on getting the 8 exhausts and 2 AFR meter's logged fitted tomorrow ready to run on sunday (Demo runs (still looking for a 7)).

I've just done the graph and calculation to get the B and C co efficients to enable me to log as well as display my 2 NTK AFX AFR meters.

I've got all the numbers for pressure sensors but won't fit until I get every thing in my new shop (several months off yet)

I've got the drive shaft collar under way (I would have bought one if I had known what size pinion I had when I ordered it)

I've got a spread sheet I am working on to give the numbers for custom calibrations, needs a bit more doing to it before its user only friendly, I'll see if I can get someone at work to make it a complete tool that you enter your cal in and it will generate the correct offsets to use.

I've still got the manifold vac sensors, I'll try them first and get a cal and send them off, cvould be a while tho..

laters

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:01 pm 

Hey Sam, why do you have egt sensors and o2 sensors? Or is it so you can moniter individual cylinders?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm 

well the AFR sensors will give an all round reading for each bank, the individual temperatures will give a better idea of fuel distribution.

Also as I am going to use the AFR sensor in a slip joint header to collector the temps may give an indication of any leaks in the system, it can and probably draw a bit of air in through the slip joint which could lead to a weak reading.

If all the temps run within a few degrees of each other showing good distribution. I would consider putting the AFR sensor in one primary pipe therefore getting a much more accurate reading, 8 AFR sensors is a bit too expensive.

The reason for logging all the results is that the fuel distribution on an open manifold is that the fuel distribution can change depending on the dynamics of the manifold. thats why most all out competition engines usually run individual runner manifolds, boosted engines don't have so much of a distribution problem but they can. 90 degree cranks and firing orders can also effect the distribution.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics