Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: MSD Distributor
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:44 am 

Hi, I want to run a MSD distibutor but not sure what one to get. I need to know exactly what one i will need , I will be running a sbc 355ci with 10.5 to 1 compression. I think i will be going with a hydraulic roller set up. the motor will be around 400 to 450hp. It will have smewhere around 570 lift cam in it. I have a MSD 6al box and a blaster2 coil. let me know what you guys think  part numbers would be helpful  thx to all.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:37 am 

If you want vacume advance the part number would be 8361,if you want mech. advance only the part number is 85551,these part numbers are both for their Pro-Billet models which are NICE,I just switched out my Mallory for one of these and I an very happy with the MSD,also the distributor just plugs into your box.

If you plan to race it most of the time with some street driving I would recommend the mech. advance,also depending on the size of your camshaft you may have difficulty getting the vac. advance to work correctly if you go that route also if you want the vac. advance you will want to check that you have a port on your carb for it ,it does not use full vac.

Jeff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:53 am 

you might want to pm ron owens. He is selling performance parts and may be able to get you a deal on it.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics