Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:37 pm 

351 c i missed that, your screwed!! =; i had a dist for a c, gave it away last year.

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:24 pm 

is this unilite optical or magnetic? if it is optical make sure the eye is clean free from oil and dirt when i say dirt a piece of dust!! if anytning is on the eye the beam shoots off in diffrent directions, multiple beams and messes with it's operation, this was the main reason i ditched my optical ignitin when i had my monte carlo. it drove me nut's. we have optical ignition on the johnson and evinrude 60 deg engines and this is always a problem in the spring with customers and unknowlegable techs spraying engines down with wd-40 or crc. good money maker for me in the spring. and then when they find out why i get this O:) hehehe.. and i give them back this :-$ ...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:27 pm 

You know I had a one of those dist in my street car for 8 years and never had a bit if trobble with it.........Tony if you saw the car/hot rod...there is NO dirt or anything on it.........I'll see if I can get a pic of it and post it for you guys =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:53 pm 

not on the car, the electronic eye, these guy's O:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:51 am 

Hey guys,

I just saw this sorry for the late post,the one thing I can say about those distributors is ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) .....they are junk!!

I have one of the magnetic breakerless ones in the car now and it is the next thing leaving,as a matter of fact when I take it out and put a MSD in it I think I will run over the Mallory with the truck.....for two reasons,first so I don't sell it to some unsuspecting buyer , and second for all of the time I have wasted trying to get it to work correctly!

I can go and start the car right now and rev the engine to 3000 rpm and check the timing ,let it return to idle and do it again and the numbers will be different.....all the time,and the little plastic gizmo's that are used to set the amount of advance do not put the correct amount of advance in ,and I have tried several curves/spring combinations,with no change in consistency.

My advise would be to take that distributor out ,drive it to the edge of town and throw it over a cliff =D>

Jeff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 am 
Site Admin

inVEGArating wrote:
Hey guys,

I just saw this sorry for the late post,the one thing I can say about those distributors is ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) .....they are junk!!

I have one of the magnetic breakerless ones in the car now and it is the next thing leaving,as a matter of fact when I take it out and put a MSD in it I think I will run over the Mallory with the truck.....for two reasons,first so I don't sell it to some unsuspecting buyer , and second for all of the time I have wasted trying to get it to work correctly!

I can go and start the car right now and rev the engine to 3000 rpm and check the timing ,let it return to idle and do it again and the numbers will be different.....all the time,and the little plastic gizmo's that are used to set the amount of advance do not put the correct amount of advance in ,and I have tried several curves/spring combinations,with no change in consistency.

My advise would be to take that distributor out ,drive it to the edge of town and throw it over a cliff =D>

Jeff

Come one Jeff! Just exactly what is it that you're trying to say here! O:) Don't hold back man, just say it! =;

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:08 pm 

Are you saying you won't sell it to me then?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:36 pm 

Sorry Ken,I did not mean to be so vague O:)

Slowvelle,I wouldn't GIVE this distributor to you,well I guess I could but I would have to drive back to the edge of town O:) O:)

Seriously,I don't have anything bad to say about Mallory as the distributor LOOKS like a nice piece but it may just be wrong for my application?I think they have been in business a long time so someone is having some kind of luck with them just not me.

Jeff

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics