Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics

Post subject: Another relay question
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 pm 

The first pic shows the wiring for the N20 relay The second pic shows the wiring for the transbrake relay

I would like to just wire the transbrake relay without the N20 relay so it will break the power to the Wot switch while i am on the trans brake then when i relase the trans brake it will hit the N20 on Am I correct that i can just hook up the black wire to the N20 and Gas solinoid insted of it going to the red wire on the N20 relay? Thanks

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 pm 

To do what you are trying to do you will need a relay that is open when energized,use 12v from the transbrake circut to open the relay and when you let go of the transbrake the relay will close and the nitrous will be on if you are at WOT.
The wiring will be like the nitrous picture you have except that the power to the WOT switch will come through the "new" normally closed relay,in this system when you arm the nitrous system the WOT switch will keep the system from coming on immediatly,when you stage the car and engage the transbrake the new relay will open the circut interrupting the power to the WOT switch allowing you to close the WOT switch(floor it!) then when the transbrake is released it will restore the power to the WOT switch and the nitrous system will be on until you open the WOT switch again O:) ....sounds simple enough dosen't it O:)

You could also look for a relay that has one normally open and one normally closed set of contacts in it then it can be used for anything if you change the system.

Jeff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:58 pm 

Thanks Jeff \:D/ So I need a normally closed Single Pole Single Throw relay??

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:34 am 

Yes...I hope the explaination was clear as mud for you O:)

I am going to wire my first stage the same way and the second stage will come in at the gear change(actually mine will switch from the first kit to the second at the gear change).

If you have any more questions I will be happy to help as best I can.

Good luck

Jeff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 am 

Why run 2 relays for this? Is it to handle the current? We were talking about it last night and didn't know if the relays had some delay. Opposed to running the whole system on switches. Then using the normally open side of the trans brake switch to turn on the nitrous.

Board index » Racing Forum » Electrical and Electronics