Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 pm 

Guys, if I've overlooked the answer to this, then I apologize, but I've read the 2-circuit conversion thread several times and did not see what I'm about to ask. Can you use the 3-circuit metering blocks that come with the older-style 8896s and modify them to eliminate the 3rd circuit or do you have to use 2-circuit blocks from the get-go? I'm in the process of buying an older 8896 and plan on converting it to a 2-circuit, along with tapping for screw-in air bleeds and was hoping that I could use the blocks that come with it, plugging the feed holes on the bowl-sides of the blocks. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!
Thanks, Chris

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

It's my understanding that ALL the Holley 3 circuit blocks have the idle feeds in the mainwell so that makes them junk in most cases.

If you don't have any 4150 2 circuit blocks to use then I'd suggest you go with the QuikFuel billet blocks that many, including me have used successfully. They're right at $100 from Summit and they come with most all the stuff you need to get them where you can use them, ie, gaskets, PVCRs, plugs in the wells etc.

The only thing they will need is the IJ moved to the bottom and opening up the crosswells.

http://www.summitracing.com/search?keyword=34-105&dds=1

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:42 pm 

Yep, my bad Ken. You're right; I did find some info on the idle tubes in the main wells that I overlooked somehow. I guess I'll be either looking for some used factory 2-circuit blocks or some QF billet ones.
Thanks again Ken!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

nxtruck wrote:
Yep, my bad Ken. You're right; I did find some info on the idle tubes in the main wells that I overlooked somehow. I guess I'll be either looking for some used factory 2-circuit blocks or some QF billet ones.
Thanks again Ken!

Info here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9717

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 am 

nxtruck wrote:
Thanks again Ken!

I have a set of Holley 2 circuit blocks from a 1150 dominator (7320) that I will sell if your interested..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

Thanks for the help guys!!

Just received the carb today, so the fun will soon begin!

Barry, I appreciate the offer, but I've decided to go with the QFT blocks for this build. Thanks anyway, though.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 am 

Chris, Honestly your better off with BLP or QF blocks..They are just easier to work with...
I have 2 carbs to do and this time I am going to do them with BLP blocks and boosters..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:10 pm 

After reading all of the info posted here, I'm coming to that conclusion also, Barry. I'm going to attempt to save myself some grief and use blocks that don't need as much work.
Thanks again!

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems