Motorsports Village
http://motorsportsvillage.com/forum/

2 circuit metering gaskets
http://motorsportsvillage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9673
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Beretta [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  2 circuit metering gaskets

I had some time to go threw my carb stuff today and noticed I have 3 somewhat different 2 circuit metering gaskets..
The bottom 2 are from BLP as they came from Bruce. The right upper is a AED from the local speed shop and the left
upper is a holley..I like the BLP gaskets as there thick and quiet tough.
The BLP gaskets are a bit different the right one has a larger hole for the booster feed and other than the
round hole there fairly the same..
Now the AED and Holley are different as they have 4 holes that the others don't. Two on the left below the mounting hole, one to the right of the lower left mounting hole and one above on the right above the T-slot hole. Also the AED blue gasket has very small holes for the booster feed compared to the others but the holley (left upper) has the largest holes.
So what do you guys think???

Image

Author:  Ken0069 [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

That 10 pack that I got from BPTcarbs on fleabay are like the upper left one. They "kinda" work OK with methanol but not as well as I would like. They also stick too but so far they haven't come apart when I pulled them off.

Best gaskets I ever had was a set of BG RUBBER gaskets that I bought years ago and ran them on my methanol Dominator until this summer. Over time the methanol shrunk them to where they weren't useable but they did last about 5 years though.

And yeah, I do like those large holes at the booster inlet.

Author:  jmarkaudio [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Bottom left is BLP, bottom right is Quick Fuel. Both have the same gasket material from Interface Solutions, just the coating is different for the BLP. I have some of the SCE gaskets, a clear plastic, but have not had the opportunity to run them yet. If they hold they will be nice to use, but a bit more expensive.

Author:  nomad [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Barry, the ones on the lower left are the ones I gave to you to test. There should have been two float bowl gaskets in that package also.

Author:  Beretta [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

nomad wrote:
Barry, the ones on the lower left are the ones I gave to you to test. There should have been two float bowl gaskets in that package also.



Test with the E85?????? Sorry Bruce I must have forgot that you told me that ](*,) ..The BLP's seem to hole up pretty
good but I do run the bowels dry when I am done racing for the day and fog the engine with CRC engine stor..
Oh and the QF gaskets have a slightly larger hole for the booster..

Anyone know what the other holes are in the other 2 gaskets are???

Author:  Beretta [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

jmarkaudio wrote:
Bottom left is BLP, bottom right is Quick Fuel. Both have the same gasket material from Interface Solutions, just the coating is different for the BLP. I have some of the SCE gaskets, a clear plastic, but have not had the opportunity to run them yet. If they hold they will be nice to use, but a bit more expensive.



Have a picture if the SCE gasket Mark??

Author:  jmarkaudio [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Image

Author:  Ken0069 [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Hey, that's a 3 circuit gasket??? O:) #-o [-X

Author:  jmarkaudio [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

I stole that picture from Jegs, but I bought some of both. A 3 circuit gasket can be used on a 2 circuit carb, just has extra holes.

Author:  Ken0069 [ Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

jmarkaudio wrote:
I stole that picture from Jegs, but I bought some of both. A 3 circuit gasket can be used on a 2 circuit carb, just has extra holes.


If I remember correctly, on the 3 circuit ones I used on my 2 circuit gas Dominator a while back I had to trim about 1/16" off the top edge with a pair of tin snips.

Author:  Beretta [ Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Wonder if you have to really squeeze the plastic gaskets to get them to seal?

Author:  nomad [ Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

I have a pair of those gaskets here. They are pretty soft and should seal. SCE told us at PRI last year that was the problem they were dealing with. Trying to find that balance between too soft and too hard. They've apparently fixed that.

Now heres the deal: You can use a 3 circuit gasket in a 2 circuit carb. If you are using stock or Quick Fule metering blocks you will have to trim that tab on the top off. If you are using BLP metering blocks trimming is not needed. You cannot use 2 circuit gaskets on a 3 circuit metering block.

Also, the SCE gaskets do have the timed vacuum passage provision. There may be some problems using them with those blocks where the idle feed crossover passage has been lowered. There is a potential for the contents of the fuel bowl to drain into the engine over night because the crossover passage and the vacuum passage are so close. This will not be a problem with the 3 hole QFT blocks. I'm not sure about the QFT 4 hole blocks.

If I get time I'll try to post a pic of the problem.

Author:  Beretta [ Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

nomad wrote:
I have a pair of those gaskets here. They are pretty soft and should seal. SCE told us at PRI last year that was the problem they were dealing with. Trying to find that balance between too soft and too hard. They've apparently fixed that.

Now heres the deal: You can use a 3 circuit gasket in a 2 circuit carb. If you are using stock or Quick Fule metering blocks you will have to trim that tab on the top off. If you are using BLP metering blocks trimming is not needed. You cannot use 2 circuit gaskets on a 3 circuit metering block.

Also, the SCE gaskets do have the timed vacuum passage provision. There may be some problems using them with those blocks where the idle feed crossover passage has been lowered. There is a potential for the contents of the fuel bowl to drain into the engine over night because the crossover passage and the vacuum passage are so close. This will not be a problem with the 3 hole QFT blocks. I'm not sure about the QFT 4 hole blocks.

If I get time I'll try to post a pic of the problem.



Yes I would like to see what your talking about?? Is that "timed vacuum passage" in those gaskets I have shown on the top,
the Holley or AED as they have some extra holes in them..

Author:  nomad [ Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

Barry, the two top gaskets in your photo have the hole. The bottoms ones do not.

Author:  Beretta [ Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 circuit metering gaskets

What hole is it???

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/